“Like winning the lottery!”

Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Ranked #16 of 1,140 Hotels in Istanbul
Seattle, Washington
“Like winning the lottery!”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

A beautiful hotel in a perfect location - close to everything but on a quiet back street. Every detail has been considered and the amazing staff was attentive at all times. I have never felt so taken care of. Beautiful rooms, lovely courtyard where we enjoyed our breakfast each morning - the only thing I could have wished for was hotter water in my shower. The food was okay, not bad, but not exceptional either. The spa on the other hand was an added bonus. They wash your feet with rose water in a beautiful candle lit room! Great massage. This is the way to travel.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms have a lovely view. All rooms were beautiful and quiet.
1 Thank CherylNS
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear CherylNS,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Thank you very much for your review. The title is very special. I am sorry to hear that the water temperature was not hot enough, thank you very much for telling me so we can review the temperature of all the rooms.

CherylNS please let me know how I may be of assistance at any time.

Yours Cordially,

Felix
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southern california
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The Four Seasons has done something quite unique with their beautiful property in Sultanahmet in the heart of the old city in Istanbul. A small, boutique feel along with the Four Seasons brand of quality and service combine and the result is a property that provides an island of serenity and comfort in the middle of the bustling of one of the great crossroad cities in the world.

The layout is an old prison, but you have to wildly stretch the imagination to conjure up any of that past. Highlights include having a drink on the rooftop terrace, the Bosphorous behind you and the Hagia Sofia right in front of you. You can feel the history and commerce all around you.

The staff is meticulous, and beyond what you can experience at other five star hotels, it almost feels like each of the staff are hosting you in their own place. That feeling is helped by the small size, with less than 70 rooms. The courtyard is a flowered garden to rest and recharge.

I was unfortunately there for a brief work visit of one day/night, but if you want a great location to settle in and explore Istanbul, this is a super spot to base out of for a few days

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room but not on the first floor. That way you can keep a window open and...
Dear Socalicouple,

I look forward to your return one day to stay with us a bit longer. Please let me know at any time if I may be of assistance.

On behalf of each and every employee thank you. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about the Hotel but more over about the team. With your permission I would love to share the review with them.

Yours cordially,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The Four Seasons at Sultanahmet was one of the high points of our stay at Istanbul. They were in touch with us even before we landed and offered to accommodate our changes of flight and arrival time. The General Manager, Mr. Felix Murillo, was really helpful and always accessible.

Their attention to detail is excellent - one evening, one of the screens in our room did not close completely and they had someone come over within minutes to fix it. The rooms themselves are very well maintained and evoke clear connections with the past. The restaurant is beautiful and the hotel grounds look stunning at night. It is within walking distance of the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque and many other attractions and the hotel staff are more than willing to help out with questions and information. They accommodated our every need (delayed luggage, missing stuff) and it was fabulous. We could not have chosen a better place to stay in Istanbul, we sorely missed it when we left.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear happy_world_travels,

You are so gracious. Thank you very much.

Your note is very special. I hope I may be of assistance one day again, at any time.

Respectfully,

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2012

What an incredibly delightful experience in every way possible -- with the added bonus of being located perfectly in the historic old district. We stayed four night at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet. This hotel exceeded every expectation we had from the decor to the staff and dining to the best massage I've ever had. They made excellent recommandations for dining. We wanted to stay forever.

(Forget the Four Season Bosphorous, where we spent two nights late in our stay in Turkey. It's huge, overpriced, inconveniently located and looks like a modern business hotel anywhere expect for its terrace directly on the Boshporous.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the interior garden.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank valmarchese
Dear Valmarchese,

I look forward to share with the team your review, wiith your permission. Thank you very very much for taking the time and for saying such nice things about the Hotel and the team.

Valmarchese, please if I may ever be of assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours Cordially,

Zurich
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Beautiful Hotel - stunning conversion of an old prison. Restaurant is a must and deserves all the acolades

Dear Tom L,

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I promise you that I and the rest of the team will work very hard to be at the level of the wonderfull description you did of the Hotel. Thank you very very much!

Please, if I may ever be of assistance let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially,