Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
US$ 203
US$ 179
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 213/night.

US$ 230
US$ 201
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 224/night.

US$ 195
US$ 1,925
US$ 393
US$ 374
1,679 results
All reviewshagia sophiaseasons restaurantold cityrooftop barblue mosqueinner courtyardluxury hotelbeautiful hotelconcierge staffgrand bazaarperfect locationturkeyhotel experiencebasilica cisternmajor sitesbaklavacall to prayer
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The Four Seasons has done something quite unique with their beautiful property in Sultanahmet in the heart of the old city in Istanbul. A small, boutique feel along with the Four Seasons brand of quality and service combine and the result is a property that provides an island of serenity and comfort in the middle of the bustling of one of the great crossroad cities in the world.

The layout is an old prison, but you have to wildly stretch the imagination to conjure up any of that past. Highlights include having a drink on the rooftop terrace, the Bosphorous behind you and the Hagia Sofia right in front of you. You can feel the history and commerce all around you.

The staff is meticulous, and beyond what you can experience at other five star hotels, it almost feels like each of the staff are hosting you in their own place. That feeling is helped by the small size, with less than 70 rooms. The courtyard is a flowered garden to rest and recharge.

I was unfortunately there for a brief work visit of one day/night, but if you want a great location to settle in and explore Istanbul, this is a super spot to base out of for a few days

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room but not on the first floor. That way you can keep a window open and enjoy the view. Avoid rm 123 which is near a service entrance.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Socalicouple,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I look forward to your return one day to stay with us a bit longer. Please let me know at any time if I may be of assistance.

On behalf of each and every employee thank you. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about the Hotel but more over about the team. With your permission I would love to share the review with them.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

The Four Seasons at Sultanahmet was one of the high points of our stay at Istanbul. They were in touch with us even before we landed and offered to accommodate our changes of flight and arrival time. The General Manager, Mr. Felix Murillo, was really helpful and always accessible.

Their attention to detail is excellent - one evening, one of the screens in our room did not close completely and they had someone come over within minutes to fix it. The rooms themselves are very well maintained and evoke clear connections with the past. The restaurant is beautiful and the hotel grounds look stunning at night. It is within walking distance of the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque and many other attractions and the hotel staff are more than willing to help out with questions and information. They accommodated our every need (delayed luggage, missing stuff) and it was fabulous. We could not have chosen a better place to stay in Istanbul, we sorely missed it when we left.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear happy_world_travels,

You are so gracious. Thank you very much.

Your note is very special. I hope I may be of assistance one day again, at any time.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 18 April 2012

What an incredibly delightful experience in every way possible -- with the added bonus of being located perfectly in the historic old district. We stayed four night at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet. This hotel exceeded every expectation we had from the decor to the staff and dining to the best massage I've ever had. They made excellent recommandations for dining. We wanted to stay forever.

(Forget the Four Season Bosphorous, where we spent two nights late in our stay in Turkey. It's huge, overpriced, inconveniently located and looks like a modern business hotel anywhere expect for its terrace directly on the Boshporous.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the interior garden.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valmarchese

Dear Valmarchese,

I look forward to share with the team your review, wiith your permission. Thank you very very much for taking the time and for saying such nice things about the Hotel and the team.

Valmarchese, please if I may ever be of assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours Cordially,

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Beautiful Hotel - stunning conversion of an old prison. Restaurant is a must and deserves all the acolades

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Tom L,

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I promise you that I and the rest of the team will work very hard to be at the level of the wonderfull description you did of the Hotel. Thank you very very much!

Please, if I may ever be of assistance let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and son over the Easter break. It's a fabulous property. The rooms are superbly furnished, with really wonderful bathrooms - no amenity overlooked. For example, the hotel provided an iPad in our room that my son latched onto for the entire visit. The bathroom included both a whirlpool tub and a shower room with a steam setting. The toiletries were Bulgari. We had a suite, which was spacious and big enough to easily accommodate my son in the main living room. The staff were equally wonderful. No request too small to handle. We arranged a guided tour, car service, and a private boat ride through them. Breakfast was a treat, with the usual hotel fare plus local specialties (Turkish breads, cheeses, honeycomb, etc.). We dined in the hotel restaurant one night and also enjoyed that meal. Apart from the sheer fabulousness of the property and service, the hotel is extremely convenient for sightseeing. Definitely a special treat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear americantravelgirl,

During the days that you were with us, I was away of town. It makes me so happy to read your note, thank you very much for taking the time to write it.

Please let me know if in the future I may be of assistance at any time. My direct email address felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.