“Stay here” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 1,107 Hotels in Istanbul
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Stay here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed in a different hotel in Istanbul for a business meeting, then moved to Four Seasons for the holiday part of the trip. I researched other hotels, but went for this one even though it was the top end (plus) of our budget. It was worth it.
The location is perfect for visiting some of the key sites. Weather was poor, so it was great to be able to pop back to the hotel ('home') to dry off and warm up, then go back out. Summer it would be an equal if not greater blessing to have this location.
Staff are really, really excellent, from the concierge to the ever smiling reception. Follow their advice on Hammam and restaurants, as they were spot on.
We had a dinner at the hotel which was lovely. Prices may seem high, but Istanbul is an expensive city - at least in the tourist areas - so it was no more than elsewhere of that standard.
Final point. If you are thinking that Four Seasons is a financial extravagance, then I would only add that there was one issue that we had while we were there that the Four Seasons resolved for us - at their cost. As a result we felt very much as if we were their guests and when it came to this problem, they treated us as exactly that. In some ways, by paying more than one might elsewhere, you are getting the comfort of five star support and reassurance. We saw just about everything we could see in Istanbul tourist wise, but we would go back just to stay at the Four Seasons.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WithScruples
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear WithScruples,

Your comments were very special and I am very thankful for them.

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

We always try to be close to the guests and when we receive a note like yours... It is a great feeling!!

Please WithScruples if I ever may be of help please let me know. This is my direct email address: felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours Respectfully,

Felix
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

A wonderful oasis of luxury and service.
Location was excellent within easy reach of the city, restaurants and attractions.
The hotel is not surrounded by any particularly noisy streets or neighbours and we enjoyed an excellent sleep.
Staff service and facilities were excellent.
One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear peterjr66,

This is Felix, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Thank you very much for your review and your very kind comments.

I promise I will review the prices of the Restaurant to make sure they are not only of great value but also competitive.

Please peterjr66 if at any time I may be of assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours Cordially,

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Our flight arrived quite early and we were at the hotel before 8:00 am. They gave us the room immediately and we had tea, fruit and buscuits awaiting us. The staff was helpful, and just very, very nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear MBL1242,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I look forward to share them with the team and specially with the Front Office and the Room Service team.

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager and I am so happy to hear that we were able to personalize your stay. If at any time I may be of help, please contact me. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially,

Glendale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Excellent hotel. Excellent location. Excellent room service. They provide us with free coffeemaker and coffee/tea each day (ask for it). Free complimentary fruit each day. Free internet. Walking distance to all sites.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is what a Five-Star hotel should be. The decor is beautiful. The flowers add the finishing touches. We were always greeted with a warm friendly smile and hello from the entire staff. They went above and beyond for our six year old daughter. She felt like the Princess of the hotel. The rooms are spacious and bathrooms have all the luxuries needed including a TV!
I recommend a corner room overlooking the Aya Sofia. The location is walking distance to explore all the major sites.
We hope to return to this wonderful hotel soon!

Room Tip: Corner room overlooking Aya Sofia.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Fritz21
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Wow! Thank you very much Fritz21!

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seaons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. This is very nice what you wrote. Thank you.

With your permission I would love to search and post your review for all our employees in the Hotel.

Whenever you plan to come back please let me know how I may be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,