“Surprising experience”

Ranked #273 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Madrid, Spain
“Surprising experience”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I have been at Faros Hotel Taksim for 5 nights. Although I am used to travel, I think that it is the first time that I feel like at home in a hotel. It is clean and nice and what is more important, all people in reception makes you feel that they really care about you. Although all the personal has been very nice I want to mention specially Hasan how was there every morning with his nice smile making your start of the day much more attractive. I am sure that I will be back to Istambul and that I will again be at the Faros Hotel Taksim.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Generally the Faros Hotel in Taksim (there are two other Faros Hotels in Istanbul) is excellent. The only reason I have given it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the instructions to the hotel were not very clear. The address we were given was Taksim Caddesi, however this is a different street. The correct address is Taksim Dolapdere Caddesi which is not too far from Taksim Caddesi. Needless to say we had trouble finding the hotel, especially since it was pouring down with rain. However once we got to the hotel, everything was good. I would have liked to have seen some signage on the main road to the hotel. The hotel also has good transport links (fenicular/metro to Taksim Square or the old tram which runs along Istiklal Caddesi).

Faros Hotel in Taksim is simply excellent. The rooms are very tastefully decorated, clean and modern. Our room had access to a little balcony and a small alcove with a desk and kettle. Generally it was a very comfortable stay. The breakfast, which was included in our stay, was very good. There is a little bit for everyone, from cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruits, Turkish pastries to cheese, cold cuts, and eggs. Tea and black coffee is free, however there is a small charge for cappucinos etc. The prices are very reasonable. Wifi is also available free of charge. It was raining while we were there and we were glad to be able to have a hot cup of Turkish tea when we came back in from the rain. The lobby is a nice space to have a drink or tea.

The front desk was very helpful in providing all visitors with relevant tourist information.

Although there is no restaurant in the hotel, there are two restaurants owned by the Faros Group not too far away. We tried 'Faros Kebab' on the first night and it was the best kebab we had during our stay. There are numerous other restaurants along this pedestrianised area which is a stone's throw away from the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

However I must say that I was rather disappointed with the Faros Hotel and Restaurant in Sirkeci (the Old Town). They overcharged us and the food was extremely inferior to the Faros Kebab in Taksim. I was very disappointed that the standards were not the same at all Faros hotels/restaurants.

Other than that, I can not fault Faros Taksim. We are looking forward to going back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at Faros Hotel Taksim 5 nights in the end of april and it ended up being the best vacation ever. Because we had a problem with our room the staff decided to upgrade us to the rooftop suite with the most magnificent view of the city! We were thrilled. You could lie in your bed an look out on the sun going down over the vibrant city - this suite is really a place you want to be! This was all thanks to the really service minded staff who tried to make us feel welcome and help us in any way, special thanks to Hasan. We have never tried anything like it before and we have stayed in several 5 stars hotels.
The hotel is very clean and modern. The rooms are not too big but are well furnished. And a very important thing - it's not noisy around the hotel.
It is close to the cool part of Istanbul where the artists and students live (there are plenty of really nice cafés and bars). We can really recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
malden nederland
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Review Hotel Faros Istanbul:
We have stayed in Faros Hotel for 3 nights in March 2012. The hotel is situated in the district Taksim in Istanbul. Faros hotel is situated nearby the metro and bus. It is a hotel with very friendly staff, it has a small lobby with magazines and where you can order your drink. The rooms a very nice, clean and the toilet and shower are separated from the wash-stand. The staff brought our luggage to the rooms.
When we were arrived, the hotel manager Hasan made us a cordially welcome. After we checked in, he offered us a drink and sat down with us and told all about the interesting points of Istanbul. He also gave some brochures. All the days we have stayed in Farros hotel, the staff was very friendly and gave us all the information we have asked for. We received great services!
I also would like to mention something special. When our holiday was past, we had arranged a shuttle bus for taking us to the airport. Because there was a lot of traffic in Istanbul the driver called Farros hotel and asked if we could walk to a certain place nearby. The hotel manager Hasan told him that this was not in accordance with our agreement and told the driver to come to Farros hotel. He even told him to put our suitcases in the bus. When we arrived at the airport the chauffer was in a hurry, gave us our suitcases and left with my coat still in his bus. Because I didn’t have his mobile number, I called to Farros Hotel and told the manager Hasan about my problem. He immediately called the company and 15 minutes later he told me that I could pick up my coat at the arrival hall at the airport. I really want to thank the manager for this effort!
We can recommend Farros hotel for a special stay in Istanbul!
The four Dutch ladies.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Athens, Attiki, Greece
Reviewed 29 March 2012

made my reservation via local travel agent in Grece first they booked 4 stars hotel which is in old ctiy Last minute they changed my hotel which is in taksim(Faros Hotel) they told me this is same standart when ı arrived hotel ı was so angry and ı saıd ımpossıble to stay such a that kınd small hotel ı called my travel agent and tell them that they chaet and lie me refund my all payment ! but when ı went Inside I suprısed hotel decoration is so difrent whic is skandivain style ı love and ımportatn point is The gentlementwho welcome nicely and give so positive energy and he try to me calm down and enjoy my staying He is name is HASAN who is working for reception excellent services from the entire I lıke way of he treat us ! ! than hasan give so useful tips about ctiy ! he jsut made our program what to do in 3 days . 3 full great dayss Thank u hasan .. I feel free to recomended that forr who will visit istanbul try to ask room which is back side and higer floor..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends