All reviewsblue mosquesultan ahmed mosquegreat wifino liftcoffee machineroof terraceair conrooms are cleanhotel is locatedthe hotel staffsultanahmet areayogurtattractionsheart
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Firstly let me say how lovely the staff were especially Bulent who was very helpful. The hotel location is great for all the main attractions and is on a nice quiet side street but also near to a taxi rank so easy to get dropped off or picked up. The hotel arranged pick up and drop of to the airport S Gokcen which I would advise as it is quite a way and I know you can get public transport etc but if there are 4 of you it was 60 euros each way which worked out ok and you were door to door with no other pick ups. Also some of these places are hard to find so if you just get other taxi's they can take you all over so I have been told. The rooms were clean and nice for a city centre hotel especially for the price we paid £55 per night inc breakfast. The problem we had was the showers as both of our rooms the shower heads had come off the wall and the water was mainly cold with a burst of hot. The beds were singles pushed together but that was ok. Breakfast was good with a variety of cold and hot food and omlettes were able to be ordered which were yummy.
After the first night Bulent asked how we were and we mentioned the showers. He was most apologetic admitted there had been a problem (which I give 10/10 for honesty most hoteliers might have pretended they didn't know) and said he would move us into their sister hotel across the road so we wouldn't have a problem. We did say we were ok where we were if the water could be fixed but he insisted, told us to go off for the day and he would move all our stuff. When we returned he had moved us into 2 lovely rooms at the hotel across the road with sitting areas and balconies overlooking the sea they certainly were more expensive but he said there wouldn't be a charge. I was very impressed with the service given and how even though there had been a problem they sorted it for us. They gave us so much information to help with our visit and I would certainly recommend staying here for your city break. We always prefer a local hotel rather than a big chain. when I asked for ice they insisted on getting it for us and bringing it to the room and couldn't have been more accommodating. So I agree with others definitely one to try if you are visiting the old town.

6  Thank Jan C
Maritime_Hotel_Tr, General Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear Jan C,

First of all , it was a great honour for us, to accommodate you here our hotel.
We would like to thank you to your cortious,and encouraging sentences

We are also extremely sorry about the unsatisfactory level of service that you experienced during your stay and we can assure you that the matter has been thoroughly investigated and will not re-occur.

We do hope that we will be in a position to welcome you back at the Mari Time Hotel Istanbul and redeem ourselves.

Kind regards,
(Ms) Defne OZCAN

Reviewed 28 September 2012

it was my first time to stay in oldcity. i always stay four or five star hotels. but this place changed with its personel service. they tried to do their best to make you happy . they opened one year ago but have many repeat guest. this also shows their success. and i feel responsibility to write this review. thank you guys what you do for me during my stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
13  Thank Nazim Y
Reviewed 28 September 2012

The staff was very helpful. They made sure we knew about everything around us and also gave us the business card of the hotel in case we needed anything while we were out. The location is perfect, it is far enough off the main street so that is quiet but close enough where you can easily walk to everything.

13  Thank captain1974
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Excellent small property. Thirteen rooms a small basement breakfast room. Breakfast is served ad personal and home like.
The staff are fantastic. Always with smile and try to help.
The roof is under renovation to become a restaurant. It is accessible as open air terrace now with dramatic vuews of this historic city.
every historic part of the city is within walking distance.
Tram is 300 meters away.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the street. No pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
14  Thank Falah A
Reviewed 10 September 2012

dear friends of the hotel maritime hotel istanbul thank you for the nice welcomes you've done and guide us in the best place I spend a very nice stay and thanks to you I spend the best vacation of my life with all the good people nice cool, Maritime Hotel Istanbul, you had made me happy thank's a lot your the best

Room Tip: all is good room
14  Thank Enzo F