All reviews residential suite spg member great hotel business hotel the club lounge modern design rooftop bar business or pleasure asian side top floor business trip outdoor pool coffee machine corner room luxurious hotel old town breakfast buffet
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was in Istanbul for a week and since I am a travel agent, I booked 3 different hotels to get a feel for different types of hotels and different neighborhoods. Le Meridien was booked for the last 2 nights since it is farther away from the downtown area and it would be a great place for us to relax after a busy week. We were coming from The House Hotel Bosphorus and the manager had a friend who worked at Le Meridien so gave a heads up that we were coming. Although her friend greeted us and sent us up a bottle of wine, that was the only redeeming part of the stay. Before going to our room, we asked to exchange our dollars to liras. They said they did not have any bills. We then asked if we could change our 20 lira to smaller bills so we could tip but they also couldn't do that. A gentleman took us to our room and showed us everything which was very nice. Once settled in, we called about internet and they said we would need a passcode brought to us. We requested that along with a converter. 10 min after we called we wanted to go down to the whirlpool before we got to tired but had to wait for them to bring us our stuff. Next thing you know, we wake up to a knocking on our door 45 min later. And they forgot the passcode! I was too pissed at that point to complain and went down to the spa area. We got back to the room and decided to relax in front of the TV. None of the channels were working and when we called were told that they were experiencing a problem. Great, no TV, no internet. The next morning we called about the internet. You have the option to pay hourly or for 24 hours. Since both of us needed to work, we chose 24 hours which was about $25. We soon realized that the passcode is per person, not per room. If you both want to use the passcode, the person needs to log off the system before another person can log on using the passcode. Its ridiculous enough to pay $25 for internet but to not even allow both people in the room to use it is even more stupid in addition to having to have someone bring you a passcode. For a brand new hotel, it was very old school. We went down to the breakfast buffet which was not that good and a total rip off. I was ok with paying $35 for the buffet at the Swissotel because it was amazing and had everything you wanted. To pay $40 at this one which didn't have that big of a selection was extremely disappointing. Add another negative to the list. We went back to the room to finish up some work. My boyfriend was unable to log off the internet in order for me to log on. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. I emailed the manager at the House Hotel to see if she had any availability. She was booked but was able to get us a room with a discount (amazing considering it was Congress Week) at the House Hotel Nishantishi. We were packed up and ready to go in 10 min. When we went to check out, we asked for change for our bigger bills as we still wanted to tip the bellboy etc. Still no change. I went over to their cafe and was told the same. The guy checking me out never once asked me how my stay was or why I was checking out early. When we went out to get a cab, the bellman out there finally asked how our stay was. When I told him not good, he was very surprised that they front desk didn't ask why we were checking out early. At this point, I wasn't surprised. It went along with the rest of the stay. Being a travel agent and flagged as someone to take care of, I would've expected at least the normal 5 star service that Le Meridien is supposed to provide. Swissotel and the House Hotel upgraded me to amazing suites because I'm a travel agent. Both gave service that was beyond 5 star. I didn't even get 2 star service at Le Meridien. I would never return to this hotel again with all the other 5 star hotels in Istanbul that are also in walking distance of fun neighborhoods. Not worth the money or time!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MissBabblicious
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, General Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler.

It goes without saying that it is embarrassing to read your comments and I wished you had asked for myself so that I should have taken corrective action right away. I totally agree that experiences like changing money, inconveniences about TV and Internet, not showing the necessary attention for your early check outs, are clear deficiencies about our services and I do want to sincerely apologies for this.

Please rest assured that all points are being adressed within the team and precautions are taken that similar incidents are not likely to happen again. I do not want to use the excuse that the hotel has newly opened, as many trainings took place to prepare the team to get the standards right, but obviously we failed to deliver on our promises.

I realize that your faith in our service capability might indeed be shattered, but I would be thankful if you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you on your future travels to Istanbul. This would also be a chance to take personal care of your wellbeing and ensure that you obtain all the conveniences the Le Méridien brand is usually known for.

Sincerely yours

Michael Schlueter
Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Great location, great staff and fabulous food. Nobody could do enough for us whilst we were there. Can't fault the hotel and would definitely stay there again. Really can't say anything else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the square - great for peole watching
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We chose this hotel for our trip to Istanbul as we were able to book nights wih points. As usual with LeMeridien we were not dissappointed, the hotel is very new and the staff highly attentive. We received an upgrade to an amazing suite, great views of the Bosporus. Wonderful new SPA area, breakfast the usual wonderful. Keep

In terms of location the hotel is in a very good area of Istanbul, close to Bebek, one of the nicest villages on the Bosporus. To get to town, u can either get a cab to the metro and then it's 10 minutes to Taksim, or get a cab, which is recommended to get to the old town. Depending in traffic this can take a while. This is the only downside of this hotel when in Istanbul for tourism. for business the location is ideal.

Room Tip: Try to Gera view of the Bosporus
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear SPG Guest,

Thank you for staying at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay and that you had a nice city experience while staying with us as well as appreciating your suite room with stunning Bosphorus view. Most of our rooms have Bosphorus view, and we will be happy to offer you best alternatives according to our availability. Our location is indeed ideal for moving around whether you come for business or leisure purpose, and we thank you for sharing the local attraction informations with the community. It was encouraging to learn that you appreciated the level of service provided by our associates as they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with all of them. We were also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast selections of the hotel.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are sure we will meet again very soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed for Trade finance conference . New Hotel have some problems but hotel personels super . I think this hotel will be super . Rooms is modern and good. I like very much . Bathroom is nice and very good .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2012

İ stayed exporta conference last week . Hotell staff super. Hotel new and have some negative things but i think it will be very good .

• Stayed: March 2012