All reviews residential suite spg member great hotel business hotel the club lounge modern design rooftop bar business or pleasure asian side top floor business trip outdoor pool coffee machine corner room luxurious hotel old town breakfast buffet
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed for Trade finance conference . New Hotel have some problems but hotel personels super . I think this hotel will be super . Rooms is modern and good. I like very much . Bathroom is nice and very good .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2012

İ stayed exporta conference last week . Hotell staff super. Hotel new and have some negative things but i think it will be very good .

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Azor68
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We travelled with family and had 4 rooms. As a Gold SPG member, my room was upgraded to 'Bosphorus view' which had absolutely no view of the bosphorus whatsoever. The room design is perfect. The Staff are incredible, so caring and very well trained, but this did not prevent us to leave the hotel earlier than our original check out date.. We were on the 23rd floor which was a brand new floor and it was far from ready. One of our guests had to change rooms 3 times due to different problems! in the end they were moved to a beautiful executive suite which was worth it.

The reason I'm giving only 2 stars in my review is the noise. The terrible, unbearable construction noise that didn't let us sleep after 9:30 am every day. They're still building parts of the hotel. I'm not the type of person to complain easily but this noise was horrifying, I'm surprised it hasnt been mentioned yet. Eventually I complained and the staff apologised and offered us spa treatments, I wasn't after compensation, I was on a family vacation and just wanted to rest, although this was a very nice gesture.

In the end we checked out 4 days earlier and moved to a different hotel simply because none of us could sleep in. We were on a family leisure trip and had no reason to wake up early. Hopefully the management will take a look at this problem because as my title suggets it is such a shame, this hotel has so much potential, I have stayed in over ten 5 star hotels in Istanbul and in terms of rooms and comfort this is right at the top, hopefully once the hotel is fully functional and open in may this will be solved.

Location wise, Etiler is a prime residential area, not too much to offer for tourists. It's not too far in terms of distance from major sights, malls etc but due to Istanbuls horrible traffic everything takes a long time to get to.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank salarvafa
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, General Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear valued customer ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler. I was very disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience on your last stay due to a number of noise issues.

Please accept our sincere apologies about the construction noise, which is a temporary issue and limited to the daytime between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. The hotel is almost ready only a few little touch ups in some areas are necessary to finalize the building.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any inconveniences caused. I hope that the experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler and we sincerely hope that we remain amongst your accommodation options for the future, and look forward to seeing you again.

With kind Regards

Michael Schlueter

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Checked in for a two night stay at the beginning of March at the new Le Meridien Istanbul after its recent soft opening in January and I have high praises for both the facility and the staff, even in its partial opened state. The hotel lobby is a beautiful mix of Turkish and Modern design and the bell staff and concierge were prompt in taking my bags and delivering them to my room. As an SPG Platinum, I was upgraded to a corner room overlooking the bridge with a panoramic view of Istanbul, a comfortable King Bed, a magnificent rainshower/handshower stall and separate soaking tub with a toilet enclosure and dual sink. The room had both wired and wireless internet access which was extremely fast, though the hotel was only partially full at the time. The main restaurant was not open yet, but the lobby restaurant served an excellent continental breakfast with a variety of different culturally inspired selections (sushi, western, Turkish, etc.). There was some pork available, but it was clearly marked and there were non-pork alternatives of things like bacon. The lobby bar was stylish and comfortable and served an excellent selection of Turkish and foreign beers, plus a mix of rail and high end spirits.

The most impressive part of the hotel, though, was the staff. Within minutes of arriving at the hotel, the employees were greeting me by name (I have a complex Polish last name, so it was Mr. First Name, but still) and did so throughout my stay consistently. I was thanked for my patronage a number of times and the night manager also came to the bar and introduced himself and asked if there was anything else they could do to make my stay more comfortable. All in all, an excellent experience with the hotel.

The hotel was about 20-25 minutes from the airport and 20 from the Grand Bazaar, so it's not exactly convenient to either location, but it was but a ten minute drive from my there to the offices of my company, so it was not a huge concern for me. Taxis were quick to arrive and the taxi I arranged early to the airport arrived with no issues, though he did not speak English (I should have requested, but it worked out fine). There is no ATM in the hotel (they say one is coming), but they did offer to escort me personally to one a few blocks away.

In short, I will be back and look forward to staying there when all its facilities are fully open.

Room Tip: Great for SPG members. Corner rooms offer excellent views of both sides of Istanbul.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank godospoons
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear SPG Platinium Member

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay and that you had a great time with us as well as appreciating our newly opened hotel.

Our location is indeed ideal for moving around whether you come for business or leisure purposes. It was encouraging to learn that you appreciated the level of service provided by our associates as they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with all of them. I was also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the food and beverage selections of the hotel. The hotel restaurant La Torre is open now and the rest of the hotel facilities like roof top bar and club lounge are on the way to open in few weeks.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are sure we will meet again very soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We were two couples .Locatıon was ok.Breakfast was good.But there were only a few problem. somethıng bed and bathroom, already used half-empty shampoo bottles.Bad hygiene.housekeepıng wasnt speak englısh.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mılokunıa k
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your favourable feedback on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience on your last stay due to a some cleaning issues.

We have immediately checked with our housekeeping department ensure that precautions are taken and similar incidents are not likely to happen again. We are using Cinq Mondes products for bathroom amenities and its in our standards that every bottle is used once, but we take this first incident and your comments about the cleaning very serious and we will watch this very closely.

Once again, thank you for posting your kind comments and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler.