US$ 74
US$ 152
US$ 133
InterContinental
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 158/night.

US$ 554
US$ 494
  • Breakfast included
US$ 515
US$ 397
  • Pool
All reviewssmall balconyyour luggagelocation is greatrooftophostsbosphorusmetro
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Very kind and undcomplicated reception. Clean room with nice interior architecture and a rooftop open to all guests.
Be aware that they changed their business model and prefer guests who are staying for longer terms.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2016

My boyfriend stayed here for 20 days as he was having some bussiness meetings in the city. I stayed for a big weekend and I loved it. Pretty quiet street and easy to reach to every point - you can walk to historic center in 30 minutes, the metro station is 5 minutes walk, the Istiklal Street, the "non stop street", is at the top of the street 3 minutes walking, here you can reach restaurants, pubs and shops.

The apartment was big enough, with a little kitchen and a private bathroom. With a beautiful minimalist decoration. You also have a shared dinner room with a big kitchen and a balcony. On the higher floor there's a great balcony with a stunning view of the city.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street are the noisy one´s If you can choose, go to the back of the building.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Well, sadly, here comes my first negative review on TripAdvisor...

After reading all of the positive reviews of Rooms Galata, we booked a 4-night stay here in October. We were aware from one of the last reviewers that hotel management was changing, but chose the hotel/apartment based on location and the hope that service would be as good as previous reviewers noted. We had good, responsive communication with Umut prior to our stay, although there was no offer to help us coordinate transportation from the airport (no biggie, just noting something that could be improved in the future) and the offer posted on trip advisor was not available.
We arrived at the location a bit early and we had a really positive first impression because the shared area is very nicely decorated (modern, understated yet sophisticated somehow). Umut was gracious and helped us sign three contracts (wow!) for our room and get our payment squared away. He offered us tea, which was very kind. He mentioned that he would give us many recommendations, but we left feeling like we didn't get any specifics except for 2-3 restaurant names. We asked about whirling dervishes (particularly because it was written on a chalkboard) and he mentioned that we could simply walk up the hill and find performances. This, for us, was a little more "hands off" than we expected for the rate we were paying. We don't expect someone to book our whole trip since a hotel isn't a travel agency, but some more guidance helps.
Our room was very nice and the building itself is beautiful. However, when Umut showed us our balcony, there was a random towel on it, the furniture was not cleaned recently, and there was a mess from a bird on the floor. Our room was clean overall (not spotless) and we felt the towels could have been fresher, and there was not a blanket for the bed. All of these concerns were brought to Umut the next day and he provided a blanket (a down comforter without a duvet, not entirely clean) and gave us some fresh hand towels (but took one of our bath towels without a replacement).
In any case, the overall experience is that the location still has some details to iron out if they'd like to maintain the reputation of the previous Rooms Galata. Once I communicated our frustrations, Umut was responsive. I do think that Umut did the best he could with the materials he had (or like to hope to), so I assume the apartments need to invest in getting more towels, bedding, etc. and ensure that units have their cleaning right before guests arrive. My boyfriend and I both agreed that if we had had a fresh duvet cover, a little more help with recommendations, and if there had been some type of fresh food (fruit, pretzels, etc.) or bottled water out in the kitchen each day (or these types of "little details"), it would have done a lot to detract from the other weaknesses. Or, if the price point was lower, that would have changed our expectations. But because these issues weren't addressed, it made us feel frustrated that we were paying this price for our stay when we could have found similar properties for a lower cost - and believe me, you can. Yes, the rooms are unique and the building is pretty, but when I'm in a new city, I want a clean room to come back to at night, a warm bed to sleep in, and hopefully some recommendations/attention from the staff. I simply think the business model does not match my expectations, but wanted others to be aware since they might go off of previous reviews on TripAdvisor. This is the first place I have reviewed on TripAdvisor that I would not recommend. I actually would have switched hotels midway through our stay if we hadn't paid the entire cost upfront (or if I was certain there was a way we could talk to management, but I had no idea who management was) - and I have never said that in my entire lifetime. We typically stay in boutique hotels/B&Bs, so we are not in need of typical hotel chain amenities.

Other things (neutral) to note:
-wifi worked well
-rooms are not very quiet; we heard our neighbor's TV, the couple next door arguing, baby crying, etc., but because it was in a big city, we know this is part of the deal
-the steep hill on the way out of the apt is no joke :)
-8-10 minute walk from lots of great restaurants and bars, but not very close to public transportation. As a late 20s/early 30s couple, we were very happy with the location
-ask staff to make reservations for you and they will
-about a 15-minute walk from the Galata Tower, and 20-minute walk from Taksim
-the rooftop view really is beautiful

Room Tip: We were in room 12, one of the rooms that was supposedly quieter. The balcony is private.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heartinsydney
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our stay at Galata was fantastic from start to finish. Marta and the team were so welcoming, and wonderful at booking us restaurants, a trip to the hamam and really helping us out in a fraught moment with our taxi back to the airport! Great location, our room was stunning and meticulously clean. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Riddles11
Rooms G, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Rooms Galata, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Riddles11,

thank you so much for your great review. We are happy to hear we could be helpful during your stay, and we are looking forward to hosting you as well soon and again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Be prepared to be blown away by its modern interior design, strategic location (in between Istikal and the tram line), helpful yet not over bearing service, view (not from rooms but rooftop), and convenience ie. free wifi, cakes and coffee at check-in, and room service. It sure delivers!

Ps: it is located on a moderately steep hill so make sure your cabbie can drop you off at the door-step before jumping into the cab. Trust me, you do not want to roll your luggage up/down a narrow street after getting off the plane.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Rooms G, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Rooms Galata, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Adelina, wow. Thank you very much, for your remarkable feedback. We will host you again with pleasure!