See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel may not be a five-star hotel, but it is right on the street car line and very conveniently located in the Sultanahmet area with Aya Sofia, the Blue Mosque, the Basilica Cistern, Topkapi Palace, the Grand Bazaar and much more very near by.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. They gave me lots of good advice on what to see and do,
For just a hotel room to sleep and rest in as you're exploring Istanbul, it is worthwhile. The breakfast is good and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sean072
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 10 nights and days, the rooms were clean, staff was incredibly friendly, food was delicious, location was excellent. The only problem was the shower head and the tap, one was clogged, the other was dripping unless you shut it with incredible force. Beware that the managers of the hotel are really stingy, they don't leave a backup toilet paper or soap in the bathroom, if you realize you don't have tp left after you sat down, you're screwed.

Room Tip: Chose a room away from the tram line.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sevencan
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I only stayed for a few hours due to other commitments, not because the hotel was bad. be prepared for steep stairs, no lift and traffic noise, especially the trams, even when on the top floor.

Friendly and helpful staff.

Very good location for sightseeing in the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Nickm218
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed at Merih 2 Hotel for two nights with the price 50 euro / night for single room, on this September. The room was quite small, but it's clean. But, I was a little bit unsatisfied when one day, i left my room at 11 am, and when i came back in the afternoon, my room was not cleaned up. I don;t know, maybe that because they forgot or because I didn't mention about it. I didn't really care about it since I only have another 1 day for staying.
The reception is nice, and the breakfast was so GREAT with many kind of creepes, cakes and many more. The other thing, the location is very closed to Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Cistern Bassilica, etc. It is oly five minutes walking distance.
The thing which made me unsatisfied is only my room was not cleaned up. But, out of this issue, i can say that this hotel is quite good.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Nurul L
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I have been to Istanbul 18 times sight seeing and sometimes transfer. 5 or 4 star hotels are far from main sight seeing area. So I suggest you to stay a hotel in old town. I believe this hotel is one of few cleanest hotels in old town area. Air conditionars here work perfectly. I have stayed here comfortable.You can enjoy home made breakfast. You can go to almost all of attraction places less than 5 minutes walk from this hotel.

Room Tip: if you stay at rooms on the 3rd or 4 th floor, you can enjoy views more.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo