“Yummy grub”

istanbul anatolia cafe and restaurant
Ranked #92 of 14,555 Restaurants in Istanbul
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stumbled on this local restaurant in the back streets of Sultanahmet. So good we didn't go anywhere else. Attention to service, friendliness and great Turkish food. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and a great welcome each visit. Added bonus that the cost was great and the organic local Turkish wine list proved a great addition. Don't miss this little gem.

2  Thank LaughingDog05

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We were little bit suspicious about reliability of previous reviews, but we were wrong. We have little bit upset in the beginning the staff by question if they sell beer and if they have toilets, but everything was perfect.
Food was excellent and quickly on the table, service was very friendly and also bill was properly calculated.
So it is highly recommended.

2  Thank Leon V
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Recommended by the French travel magazine Routard, this cafe/restaurant is sure to leave you impressed. Nestled off a cobblestone street in the heart of Istanbul, Anatolia Cafe has bright open views and comfortable seating. We enjoyed a tasty, delectable meal amid candle light. The wait staff was amazingly attentive and welcoming. Truly fine dining at a reasonable price.

1  Thank natalyebarrios
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I dined at the Anatolia Cafe several times during my trip to Istanbul and the food was always delicious. Highly recommended are the eggplant appetizer and the pesto salmon, which was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere is also wonderful - they play a great mix of music, have nice patio seating, and the staff is very friendly and funny. I enjoyed chatting with them as much as I enjoyed the food. Definitely check out this cafe!

1  Thank Leah37
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This was the first cafe I went to when I arrived in Istanbul, but it was so good I went back multiple times. I also tried many other places, and while many were good, none were as friendly and comfortable as this one. I am vegetarian, and they had many delicious vegetarian options, but my meat eating friends enjoyed their dishes as well. The waiters were highly entertaining, the best part of the whole experience. Highly recommended!

2  Thank JerusalemLiza