Crowne Plaza Istanbul - Harbiye
Regard Hotel(Istanbul)
Adelmar Hotel(Istanbul)
Homelike Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Pool
All reviewstaksim squarenice hotelturkeythe club loungerooms are spaciousan upgradebusiness hotelcall to prayerspecial thankstaximetronisantasisignalchannelssaunadistrict
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2011

One IHG hotel we know we will never return to or recommend!Great reception service, really good crew there. Everything else is wrong. The biggest problem was the House Keeping. Cleaning was poor, never replenished items (mind you we were in an upgraded superior room), removed our own copy of room card so when we came back our key would not bring electricity on, we found our laptop was locked by wrong trials of password, the VIP kit we were supposed to get never reached us. The room temperature was set to too high and no choice was available. over all,an overpriced disappointing product. Have written to the management, as I am a priority club member, at this stage awaiting response.

Room Tip: Superior room has lot of space, but cluttered with too much furniture. Check the temperature setting for the season. It was too hot for the winter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank S A
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This is a new hotel- got a very pleasant room. The main issue is location (street noise, mandates a taxi, not really convenient to walk by). This is a good stay for business, but I wouldn't go there if were a tourist.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank aeilat
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is a brand new hotel when I stayed in April 2011. It has just opened a week ago. Beware that many taxi drivers will think you want Crowne Plaza Old City as not many are aware of this hotel.

The room is nice and clean. Huge floor to ceiling windows gives extra light into the room. I particularly like the eletric curtain which you can control from your bed. The view is nothing spectacular. It overlooks some old houses. The hotel is located next to a quite busy road. Walk up a very steep hill and you will find a monorail station that takes you into Taksim.

The breakfast is reasonable. Typical western hotel, not much variety like the eastern 5 star hotels. Staff are extremely friendly.

When I was there the pool and gym has just opened. A nice indoor pool and gym has all the mod cons you ever wanted.

As the hotel was brand new when I was there, there was no restaurant to eat. Even the room menu was just a printed A4 piece of paper as they haven't done the menu properly yet.

Nothing much to do in the vicinity of the hotel. No restaurants nearby. There are some Turkish bar place which I never venture in.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank sundancekid73
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed here, mid October and just to address what others have mentioned about the location; yes it may not be ideal and not Taksim, but to be fair, much of Istanbul looks like this and though it may look suspect, I walked around at night without any problems.

Service was good, especially room service. Front desk service felt like they were usually a bit too busy to attend to your needs.

My air conditioner crapped out and after 3 calls, there was no engineer to come to fix. it eventually took a 4th call before someone turned up... (at 2am!).

One final thing, the walls are paper thin! you can hear everything in the next room. One evening i was making a phone call, not too late.. around 11pm, i heard a couple of thumps on the wall as if they were telling me to shut up! i wasn't even raising my voice!

All in all, not bad.. but for the price I paid, I expected better!

Room Tip: Best to get a room on the higher floors....
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank JohnOGrots
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I see that from other viewers that we are on the same page, the hotel and its amenities are very good, the service is also good but the location is terrible. However it is not located very far from where wants to go but don't try to walk it if you are not in shape, steep hills.
I think it is more of a business hotel or for shoppers looking for a quiet hotel. Looking to be close to the sites, definitely not the place to stay. Also watch out for those rooms that are located right above the emergency generator. Since power in the city is a bit of an issue this will come on once in a while and will disrupt your sleep.
From the comments below I believe the service may have been confused with other other facts but I found the staff to be very amicable, professional and helpful in one way or another, communication could be an issue but you have to be patient for that, you are at the end of the day in a foreign country so be respectful and you will get all the help you need and then some.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room where the external emergency generators are or lower level street side. It can get noisy. Try to get the higher floors.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo