“Awesome!”

Ranked #53 of 14,808 Restaurants in Istanbul
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Description: Sokullu Restaurant opened in 2007, located steps away from the Blue Mosque in the heart of Sultanahmet, the Old City of Istanbul. Under new ownership in 2018, we are now chef owned and operated and are committed to providing our guests with a delicious culinary experience. We specialize in Turkish cuisine and feature grilled meats, vegetables, and fish made to order, a variety of kebab and meze, and amazing salads. Also available, from our sister restaurant, Ozi Pizza and Pasta, are handmade fresh pasta dishes, pizza, and Turkish pide. Our food is Helal, and we offer many vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed 5 July 2018

- excellent service
- best Turkish hospitality

Eyvallah!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Just ate dinner here and the pizza was really good..some of the best I have tasted. Glass of wine with apple tea and baclava to top it off came to 75tl. Really friendly people.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I discovered this restaurant recently during my latest trip to Istanbul. The new owner went way out of his way to be helpful and accomodating. I had some grilled meat, soup and salad. Food was delicious. The ambience of the place was very good also. Try it out. I believe you will mot be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

The renowned owner and chef at Ozi pizza has just purchased this restaurant. He opened this week. In addition to his fine pizza which is available, the Sokullu specializes in varieties of grilled meats and vegetables, as well as fish. Everything is fresh, delicious, and made from scratch. I had a steak salad for lunch which was rich with vegetables and a salad dressing to die for. On my next visit to Istanbul I will be back. This restaurant is a great addition to Sultanahmet.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Best restaurant, best personnel, best service I recomend this place to everyone. We had lovely meals here for breakfast and for dinner and equilly impressed by quality of food and service.

SokulluRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Sokullu Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Anna,
I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about our restaurant. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good meal with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.
We are looking forward to seeing you at our restaurant on your next visits.
Kind Wishes and Best Regards,