Hotel Sultania
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$ 148
US$ 133
Hotels.com
US$ 637
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$ 414
US$ 755
US$ 663
US$ 259
3,071 results
All reviewsolive restaurantblue mosqueold cityrooftop restauranttopkapi palaceturkish delightguest relationswithin walking distancespice marketottoman styletram stopturkeyfantastic hotelbreakfast buffetperfect locationmajor attractionsgalata bridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The Hotel Sultania is a terrific hotel. Upmarket but not ridicuously priced and the staff without exception cannot do enough for you.

Their courtesy was apparent as we walked through the door ready to spend the last two nights of our big Turkey trip. It was also my 50th birthday during our stay and Eylui and all the restaurant staff were very helptul to my husband in organising some treats for me. The room was exquisite with lots of little Turkish detail and courtesy Turkish Delight! My husbabd took advantage of the Health & Wellbeing Centre and was delighted with his massage from Mustafah - perfect after 100s of miles driving around Turkey! The breakfast buffet includes everything you could want from traditional Turkish to European continental - you can even order your own bespoke omelette!

In practical terms the location is perfect too. In the middle of some good restaurants but more importantly 5 minutes from the Topkapi Palace and 10 minutes from the Aya Sofia & Blue Mosque. We also walked over the bridge to the Galata Tower and Taksim Sq which only took us 30 minutes.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for its facilities, decoration and hospitality. Thank you Sultania - a birthday never to forget!

1  Thank Lori_83_12
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Can't praise this hotel highly enough, we were made to feel so welcome from the moment we stepped through the doors. Our room was stunning and very clean. All of the staff without exception were friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for all the tourist attractions.We ate a couple of times in the Cafe Bistro the service was excellent and good value for money, on our last night we went to the Olive Restaurant on the roof top which was throughly enjoyable with lovely views. Would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to Istanbul. Hopefully we will return one day.

3  Thank HampshireKitty
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel deserves all the praise it gets from previous reviews. From the moment of arrival and an invitation to sit down at the desk for registration, accompanied by a delicious Turkish coffee, to the felicitous farewell and staff pulling our suitcases up the road to the taxi - this place has to be experienced to be believed. The staff are superb, never failing to respond to a request for help or information. The room was spacious and had all the creature comforts - including a fascinating TV/DVD screen in the main mirror! The bathroom was big and everything worked. The breakfast was a paradise of choice. The location was ideal for walking to all the main historical sites of Istanbul, near to public transport and restaurants and shops. It is difficult to think of any negative reactions. We were there from 25 - 29 February 2012 and would not hesitate to go there again.

Room Tip: It did not worry us being near the lift but it might bother a lighter sleeper
3  Thank Gerry B
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel from 22nd-29th February and we had a marvellous time. The friendliness, attentiveness and professionalism of ALL of the staff really made our stay special but I would have to single out Eylul of Guest Relations (so friendly, fun and helpful) and Arafa (always polite, friendly and nothing was too much trouble) for special mentions. Why is the Sultania so special? The rooms are really pleasant and comfortable (note, I loved the bed so much I could barely get up in the mornings!!), the shower - excellent. The decor is opulent and the rooms spotless. Our request for an extra reading lamp and extra towels was attended to promptly.

The breakfast buffet from 7am - 11am was varied, delicious and of high quality. The spa facilities were spotless and I thought the hamam was very good.

The location of the hotel could not be better - it is in Sultanahmet next to the Haggia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar - all within easy walking distance. The hotel is also vey close to the Gulhane tram station so it's also very convenient if you want to go further afield.

On a personal note, my birthday was on 25th February and I was thrilled when the staff sang me happy birthday and presented me with a gorgeous cake in the morning. It made the day extra special and I can't thank the staff enough for the trouble they went to (Special thanks for the expert photographer on the staff who took and emailed me photos).

Thank you to all at the Hotel Sultania!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank AnitaAmitaB
Reviewed 27 February 2012

It was my first time in Istanbul and in Turkey in general and I didn't get dissapoint about this hotel. Staff is very friendly, professional, smiling all the time, polite and were always ready to make my accommodation even better. I was impressed with the breakfast, it was very variable: a lot of fresh fruits, pastries, big choice of hot drinks as well. I liked my room as well, especially when I could change the light to make my room more cozy. Room is fully equiped: tea/coffe facilities, mini-bar, iron and iron-desk in the room, bathrobes, cosmetics, a lot of towels. I will definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again during my next trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo