US$ 304
US$ 551
US$ 432
Cancelon
3,155 results
All reviewsolive restaurantblue mosqueold cityrooftop restauranttopkapi palaceturkish delightguest relationswithin walking distancespice marketottoman styletram stopturkeyfantastic hotelperfect locationbreakfast buffetmajor attractionsgalata bridge
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel from 22nd-29th February and we had a marvellous time. The friendliness, attentiveness and professionalism of ALL of the staff really made our stay special but I would have to single out Eylul of Guest Relations (so friendly, fun and helpful) and Arafa (always polite, friendly and nothing was too much trouble) for special mentions. Why is the Sultania so special? The rooms are really pleasant and comfortable (note, I loved the bed so much I could barely get up in the mornings!!), the shower - excellent. The decor is opulent and the rooms spotless. Our request for an extra reading lamp and extra towels was attended to promptly.

The breakfast buffet from 7am - 11am was varied, delicious and of high quality. The spa facilities were spotless and I thought the hamam was very good.

The location of the hotel could not be better - it is in Sultanahmet next to the Haggia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar - all within easy walking distance. The hotel is also vey close to the Gulhane tram station so it's also very convenient if you want to go further afield.

On a personal note, my birthday was on 25th February and I was thrilled when the staff sang me happy birthday and presented me with a gorgeous cake in the morning. It made the day extra special and I can't thank the staff enough for the trouble they went to (Special thanks for the expert photographer on the staff who took and emailed me photos).

Thank you to all at the Hotel Sultania!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank AnitaAmitaB
Reviewed 27 February 2012

It was my first time in Istanbul and in Turkey in general and I didn't get dissapoint about this hotel. Staff is very friendly, professional, smiling all the time, polite and were always ready to make my accommodation even better. I was impressed with the breakfast, it was very variable: a lot of fresh fruits, pastries, big choice of hot drinks as well. I liked my room as well, especially when I could change the light to make my room more cozy. Room is fully equiped: tea/coffe facilities, mini-bar, iron and iron-desk in the room, bathrobes, cosmetics, a lot of towels. I will definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again during my next trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Natalia1150
Reviewed 27 February 2012

There is nothing negative I can say about this hotel. The staff are helpful, polite and professional; the rooms are gorgeous and plush; it's always spotlessly clean; and the breakfast, which is served for a full four hours each morning, is absolutely delicious. Lastly the location is ideal for daytime viewing of the main tourist attractions, most of which are in the same neighbourhood, and is also very handy for getting across the Galata Bridge and into Beyoglu, where you will probably want to spend your evenings.

I was expecting a lot less but actually this place beat my expectations. My partner and I agreed that it my be our favourite ever hotel, and we have stayed in really quite a few.

Loved this place and, when we go back to Istanbul, will definitely be rebooking the Sultania.

Room Tip: We had a Queen room which had a large bed; definitely recommended.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CLHScott
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Words are too short to describe this hotel!
Located in a quiet area but very central. Just 2 minutes walk to the tram stop or 5 minutes to the Sirkeci train station. Sultanahmet is about 15 minutes walking. The Egyptian bazaar only 10 minutes, so everything is very close.
The reception in the hotel is very cordial and friendly. Before you realize your luggage is already in your room.
We had a family room and that was simply beautiful! The two adjacent rooms are very nicely decorated, very comfortable. The bathroom was very original (glass wall)
Very pleasant was also the possibility to make tea or coffee in the room. Every day a little surprise: fresh Turkish sweets.
About the breakfast there are nothing but good things to mention: extensive and very tasty!
The pool is not big, but the water is hot! Also spotless clean.

Decision: a super hotel where I'll be back and that is highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We booked this hotel and have had the most fantastic experience there. It is most central walkable to all sights in the old town and 1 minute from the tram stop. Our room was furnished Ottoman style with the most comfortable beds ever!!! beautiful drapes furniture, and screens. Bathroom was excellent plenty of room super shower. Huge T V I Pod Dock, wi fi etc
The style of the hotel was Ottoman breakfast provided excellent choice everything you could want. We had a treatment from the Spa well worth the money excellent masseurs pool was a little small but there was a well equipped gym, Turkish Bath and Sauna
Reception extremely helpful went out of their way to please. We booked an amazing dance show at Hodjapasha a local cultural centre 2 minutes from the hotel. Amazing show, only 60 TL with complementary drinks and turkish delight in the interval. Don't bother with the expensive dinner and show that's on offer go to this instead.
I would stey here again fantastic in every way

Room Tip: Have a deluxe room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends