“Friendly owner!!”

Ulas Suites & Apartments Sultanahmet
Ranked #325 of 1,259 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 26 December 2013

One of the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in. The owner Bahadir is one of the nicest person I've ever met. He also accompanied us to a concert that we attended. I will highly recommend this place to everyone. The location was fantastic, wif-fi worked like a charm, we didn't use the kitchen but it had all the amenities - all in all, a fabulous place to stay. You'll definitely get you money's worth.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank EmonHaque

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. It is on 5 min from Blue Mosk and Agia Sofia, so you cannot be more in the center :) The room was big enough, very clean and I loved the way the towels were arranged on the bad in shape of a flower. The stuff is really friendly and helpful, they helped me with my car that decided to have some small issues during my holiday :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I want to give this place a good review but with caution. The new owner is friendly and I think he is trying hard to establish himself but there is a learning curve that you must be prepared to experience with him. I booked the One Bedroom apartment for a week but was given the Studio. Being exhausted from flying, I didn't complain at first. He said he would change apartments. I did complain about the bathroom being unclean, shower moldy and it smelled of sewage which left an odor throughout.The lighting is an overhead bulb, no lamps. Kitchen ware is sparse and questionable. After three days jn Studio, I came back and had been moved to the one bedroom but my food and wine were gone and couldn't be explained. On my last evening he gave me a text while I was out sightseeing that he was going to move me back to the Studio because he had a mixup and overbooked a party of five people. I sent a text back refusing to be moved but he persisted to the point ( 2 more texts) that I had to end my sightseeing and return to take care of the situation
. It is a great location.The price is good,but remember he is quoting Euros even if he says dollar. It is definitely a budget accommodation.( I had to remind him that I was quoted a complimentary airport pick-up) The manager is friendly but make sure in your emails that you have everything very clear and then print out your correspondence. Although I had done this I failed to bring a copy of the email with me. I wish him well and maybe my situation was an unfortunate unique experience that he has learned from. I question some of the reviews on this site being real.
I have traveled extensively and am not a fussy traveler but in this instance I felt that being a middle aged woman was a disadvantage.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank claudia1952
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We had a good time at Ulas despite some organization problems that are hopefully on the verge of being solved. A new owner is taking the place and renovation everything for the coming season. It was not finished when we arrived but it should be at the end of March. I can tell that the new apartments are far better decorated than the old-fashioned pics you can see now.

Unfortunately the new owner was also struggling with finding a reliable cleaning-lady. The one that was there did not do a good job. He said he was looking for another one. Some decent roomservice would have made our stay a lot better.

Apart from that, the location is great. The street does not look good but it is just behind the blue mosque so you cannot be closer. At the same time, it is a quiet street. You can hear the payers from the mosque but it is hard to avoid in istanbul. There is a Dia supermarket up the street for self-catering.

Room Tip: Get the 3rd or 4th floor apartments, they have a great view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Ulas Suites is a great place to stay, right by Sultanahamet Square, and within walking distance of everything. My studio apartment was perfect, and included everything, kitchen with cooking utensils, bathroom, TV with English language news, and there are grocery stores just a block away. Also many good restaurants and the best is that it's such a great neighborhood in which to wander around. Bahadir gave me an excellent map with lots of wonderful advice on what to see, how the tram system works, and basically, he is always there to help you with anything you might need. I am so much looking forward to going back to Istanbul, and to staying at Ulas Suites, of course!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo