“A great experience.”

Tashkonak Studio Suites
Ranked #124 of 1,100 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I have a wonderful experience. At the beginning, I was not happy. I expected the Terrace to have a direct sea view. However, the place, was great. I stayed in the suites, three apartments on top of each other with two other relative families. Perfect for relative families due to different sizes of the apartments. The staff were extremely helpful and kind. The place is about 12 minutes from the tram way, which you need to walk upwards and is about 12 minutes downwards to the coast. As individual's experiences are different, I would advice you ask about details you are interested in so that you make sure they are available.
At last, generally, this was an awesome place. We even got help arrange for some of our tourist trips. If I go to Istanbul again, I will not hesitate to rent here again.

Room Tip: middle and top apartments are better than the one on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 October 2015

My wife and I had about 24 hours in Istanbul. We stayed at the Tashkonak Studio Suites and I can't say enough good things about them. Right from the moment they picked us up at the airport everything went smoothly. Check-in was quick and easy. The person at the counter helped us plan our day with ideas and tips for sight-seeing, shopping, etc. The location of the hotel was also perfect, the Blue Mosque is 5 minutes away and the spice bazaar and the palace are within walking distances. The service at the hotel was great. They have a huge breakfast spread too!
I lost my phone in the cab on the way to the airport - not only did they find the cab and my phone, but they also mailed the phone back to me in the US within a week!
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shailesh M
Reviewed 8 September 2015

great location, clean, comfortable, helpful staff, filling breakfast, the suites in the second building are ideal for families. tea on the terrace with amazing view. airport shuttles available through hotel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I was at tashkonak for the last 2 days of my Turkey trip and their hospitality and accommodations were far superior to higher starred establishments. Their breakfast is wonderful, with a beautiful rooftop view and great location in sultanahmet with major attractions within walking distance. Highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 August 2015

we stayed for 4 nights in august of 2015. nice location as we visit the grand bazzar and our favorite restaurant in close as well. but it does take a 15 minute walk to the tram station. the rooms were big and they have a fridge which is great. the bathroom is the best part of room. big and works fine. but the bed was terrible like a rock. the sheets too thin and cheap and very noisy as one hears all the street noises i would rate it 5 out of 10. we have visited istanbul 5 times in the past 6 years and this hotel was 2 worst. breakfast was not very big. was disappointed with that as other reviews had stated that it was. also a good point was a small market about 50 feet away.

Room Tip: try upstair rooms might be more quiet
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple