“our stay at the white house istanbul”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
bombay
“our stay at the white house istanbul”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

this small boutique hotel gave us much more than what we expected..... located very near and within walking distance to the touristy places in istanbul .... super cafe's and restaurants surrounding the hotel... great rooms, great breakfast....... and personalized service from the staff, both at the reception and also at the breakfast ........ must recommend to all those visiting istanbul and looking for a small boutique place....

Room Tip: rooms on the higher floors are preferable
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sangeetachoksi
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 21 February 2015
My Dearest Guest 371erinw ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We recently had a short stay (three days) at this hotel. Ambiance and accommodations were superb with the exception of size--rooms are small but tolerable besides being very clean (and kept clean). The location (for important sites) is excellent. Internet is free with a router on each floor for good connections. Of particular note is the staff: friendly, informative, and always available. We are referring to all of the staff with whom we had contact, and we particularly want to mention Meryen and Cafir (spelling?). In addition to helping us with our accommodations, Meryen was especially helpful in providing suggestions for dining and sightseeing and provided excellent directions. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IHRAB

seim reap
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I have just had a fantastic 7 days at this hotel.Istanbul is a fantastic city and staying at the White House made the holiday so much more enjoyable. The staff go out of their way to make you feel this is your home.being in a similar industry I am considered "picky" but the White House .ticked all the boxes an 10 out of 10 hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ratuSeimReap

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I just came back from my holiday in Istanbul, and I have to say that this hotel is absolutely fantastic. The location is perfect. When we arrived we had a very warm welcome with drinks and the room was confortable and clean. We had breakfast on the terrace with a great view. The staff is friendly and very helpful. I'd love to come back some day!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JFigli

London
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have just come back from 4 nights in Istanbul. This hotel is in a fantastic location close to all the local attractions and momuments as well as practical things: pharmacy - next door, mini market - across the road, optician - round the corner (my mother's glasses broke on the flight out), hammam 5 mins away!

On check in we were given an upgraded room - fantastic, the room was clean and the air con was very good. Great to have in room tea/coffee facilities. My only gripe with the room was that despite a lesson on how to use the shower on entry, the shower was complicated. It would be so much better if they could just change them to normal showers. The room was spotlessly clean which was a pleasure to come back to.

Breakfast had a good assortment of things. Staff were always on hand to help out etc. My only comments regarding breakfast was that on all mornings the fruit was looking a little tierd. The fruit juice was not juice but looked more like rocket fuel (neon green kiwi juice), such a shame as fresh juice is very availble in Istanbul and the quality excellent. The roof top makes an excellent breakfast location and the view of the blue mosque is stunning.

The staff make this hotel, everyone from Cafar (jaffar) on reception, to the bellboy (can't remember his name) to the driver, and the cleaner, absolutely everyone here is so nice and friendly and helpful. The staff are extremely helpful, welcoming, knowledgable and make this hotel what it is.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family