“Great location, great staff, great bargain”

Dara Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #271 of 1,148 Hotels in Istanbul
On the move
“Great location, great staff, great bargain”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Even for low season the rate I got for a week at the Dara Hotel was so low that I was a bit apprehensive about what I would find. But from the very beginning when I was met at the airport as promised, I was extremely satisfied with the hotel. My room felt new, had a window looking over the minaret of an old mosque and even a bit of a sea view. I appreciated having a safe in the room, a TV, good light for reading and bathroom towels that were large and thick. The hotel's location is excellent - I walked to all the major tourist attractions, and I'm close to 70. The breakfast buffet is large so while some things didn't appeal to me, there was more than enough that did. But the most outstanding thing about this hotel is the effort the staff puts in to make sure you are happy and well taken care of. Without exception they were friendly and always eager to help.

While I was quite happy with my room (24), a tall man or woman might find the space between the shower stall and the toilet a bit snug. Other rooms have larger bathrooms.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank OSoloMio627
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest ,

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about your accomodation at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.
Osman YASAR
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Always a little dubious when booking online we found our hotel to be nothing but a pleasant surprise. The Dara Hotel was perfectly located for walking around all the historic sites, close to the Grand Bazaar and surrounded by excellent restaurants. The staff were nothing short of fantastic too. Always helpful, eager to please and they seemed like one big happy family who welcomed you into their home. Breakfast was a true Turkish treat, different foods with so many flavours that it was difficult to stop eating, yet it kept us going all day for our walks around the city. My family and I would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and will definitely stay there again as we have fallen in love with this City.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TeamDownUnder
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 3 March 2012

Batroun, Lebanon
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Let me start by saying that people who gave bad reviews about this hotel are big fat liars.
We were a group of 8 friends and we booked 2 quadruple rooms through the hotel's website for 3 nights in February, the price was unbelievable so I kept telling myself this is a scam and they'll charge us more when we get there, but they didn't. The check in was very easy as the hotel had record of our booking, the lobby is small but stylish, the rooms were bigger than expected, meticulously clean, bathroom amnesties and towels were provided, the heating system was very efficient, everything you could ask for was there. The location of the hotel is PERFECT, in a safe neighborhood 3 minutes walk from sultanahmet square and tram. From there you can connect to all major tourist attractions in the city, even taksim. ( and if you're a party animal and want to stay in taksim area at night don't worry taxis are safe and the ride cost only 20-25 liras even at 4h00 am). The breakfast takes place on the terrace of the 3rd floor, from up there the view is a killer ! So is the breakfast itself ;) finally I need to mention the staff are adorable, they were ready to give help whenever we asked for it , from touristic info to 4h00am band aids ! they made us feel so welcome ! I'd like to wrap up by saying we all strongly recommend this hotel, stay there and you won't regret it! perfect location, perfect price, perfect stay, its your perfect home away from home!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank leopolddaher
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 16 February 2012

bekgium
Reviewed 29 January 2012

this hotel is just perfect
the service is very nice and polite sometimes whe can also have good moment together and jokes are welcome
everyday we can hear the mohaden and it is really amazing and to pray you should just walk a little
and what else the breakfeast is just awesome and delicious and abla samar is a very warm person and her smile is just beautiful
the reception is very good
what negative to say there is really nothing to complain because it's just perfect
from the terrasse you have really a pretty and colorfoul vieuw of turkey and also i can't deny that the landscape is just attractive
it was just perfect and the last day i had tears on my eyes because i knew that i would miss this fabulous place that told me to come back to this wonderfull istanbul
and now few days after my comeback to belgium i miss alraedy dara hotel

Room Tip: go to the downstairs rooms for exemple my old room n°2 which is very spacious and beautiful
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank tina3676
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 30 January 2012

Chisinau, Chisinau, Moldova
Reviewed 19 January 2012

It is a well located hotel which makes you reach historical monuments in a few minutes.All staff are polite and ready to help you whenever you need something.Breakfast is served on the terrace.It gives you opportunity to taste turkish fresh food while watching the fantastic view of The Marmara Sea.I would like to thanks to all staff especially the lady is working on the terrace.I really liked the Dara Hotel and will go back there next year with my parents.Don’t doubt while choosing Dara Hotel.You won’t be regret.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank julia788
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 21 January 2012