All reviews blue mosque old city perfect location topkapi palace rooftop terrace main attractions sultanahmet square within walking distance the hotel staff turkey wonderful hotel tourist attractions breakfast room would highly recommend this hotel yogurt hotel is situated spice bazaar
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Excellent location, walking distance to many popular historic attractions. I stayed there with my wife and two teenage daughters for three nights. The rooms are very clean but very small. The hotel is very well maintained, I booked it after reading the helpful reviews on the Trip Advisor website. I found them to be true. A delicious breakfast is included in the price. They arranged for our pick up and drop off from the Ataturk airport for the four of us and 6 pieces of luggage in a Mercedes van for only €35 for each trip to/from the airport. The price of the room depends on the number of accupants not the size of the bed. We found the price to be on the high side. We would definately go back but I would try to bargain for a better price.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AhmedZaghlol
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights with our daughter. Hotel members were very polite and helpful. A small, cozy and a fine boutique hotel. The beds are really comfortable, the rooms were clean and well-designed with Turkish cultural interiors. Breakfast was my favorite.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Sehamug
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Darussaade is built as a proper hotel rather than a boutique hotel or a bed&breakfast - including the decor, rooms, hotel layout, reception, restaurant, lift, etc. They have recently opened the "back wing" with new rooms which are very nicely appointed - elegant/classic and not over-the-top.

The staff at Darussaade were generally good, except for Omer and Gokhan, who were excellent. If we needed anything or had any issues then we felt Omer (the manager) was the only one to speak to - he was honest and professional and happy to help. Whereas Gokhan made sure we had a great start to the day, every day, with his presence and understated humour at breakfast!

Darussaade is in an excellent location very close to Sultanahmet Square and Arasta Bazaar. On the same street there are some good restaurants; we enjoyed the Turkish food at the Akbiyik Kebab Evi (ask for Isa Bey). The 24-hour restaurant/hookah cafe at the end of Arasta Bazaar was also surprisingly good with food.

The primary issue we had with Darussaade was in the room layout - the rooms on the ground floor (street level) tend to be noisy; one of the (new) rooms we had was way too small; one of the (older) rooms needed refurbishing in terms of the wooden flooring, bathroom, furniture. The older room was not very clean when we moved in and smelled of cigarette smoke (though it is a non-smoking hotel). Omer did his best to address the issues, and overall we were pleased with our stay due to his efforts.

Room Tip: As mentioned above, we would recommend larger rooms in the new back wing, on the higher floors - if possible obtain confirmation from Omer before going!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Khalid A
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The room we booked wasn't available. We had to pay extra for a superior room when we arrived.

The toilets weren't clean. Disgusting.

Very good and fresh breakfast.

The phone wasn't working.

Too much noise and knocking after midnight and starting 7AM.

Good location.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Toto M
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My boyfriend took me to Istanbul for my birthday and we stayed at this hotel. It is one of the most charming hotels I've ever stayed at. The rooms are designed in Ottoman style - posh, warm and very cozy. The bed and pillows are fantastic and comfortable. The shower is small but it's not a big problem. The only con is thin walls - you can hear what's going on in the corridor and in the next room. However, it didn't bother us much either as we were pretty tired after taking long walks around the city to hear anything. The breakfast is delicious, especially local olives! The location of the hotel is quite convenient too because it is not far from Blue Mosque (around 5-10 minutes of walk) and in a quiet area. Of course, you will hear prayers - it's everywhere in a Muslim state. I will certainly stay there again if I visit Istanbul again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple