“Best cooking experience in Istanbul”
Review of Cooking Alaturka

Cooking Alaturka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cooking Alaturka offers daily Turkish cooking classes, either from 10:30 to 14:30 or from 16:30 to 20:30, to groups ranging from 2 to 11 persons. You cook five authentic Turkish dishes together with other travellers, under supervision of Rocco and his Turkish chef. Our classes are hands-on and fun, as well as informative. They are suitable for both professional chefs and kitchen novices. Afterwards, enjoy your cooking efforts over lunch or dinner with some local wine. We also function as a regular lunch and dinner restaurant, offering a daily-changing four-course menu. Reservations are recommended due to limited space.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We LOVED the Cooking Alaturka class! A friend that has lived in Istanbul recommended and it was no surprise that it exceeded expectations. The class itself was fun and insightful; the food was high quality and delicious; and the hosts were amazing! I would HIGHLY recommend this cooking course as the only class to take if you are in Istanbul.

All reviews
"learn how"
"learned how"
"lots of fun"

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Cooking Alaturka was the highlight of our trip. Both Leyla and her husband were very helpful in explaining the origins of Turkish cooking, making you feel at home and introducing you to the best flavors the country has to offer. I loved my conversations with them about the country, places to go and see, and the local traditions. They are extremely welcoming and informative. I take cooking classes in every country I visit (over 30) and this was hands down my favorite. It isn’t easy getting time with locals - but we had a wonderful few hours to really live like one in their kitchen.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Attending a class at Cooking Alaturka was one of the highlights of my trip. I’m glad that I decided to do this at the beginning of my Istanbul week as I had the chance to learn more about the different types of cuisine and the essential ingredients that go with it. Leyla also gave me lots of wonderful restaurant recommendations and the chef even read my Turkish coffee cup:) The team is absolutely amazing, positive, enthusiastic and welcoming. Obviously, the food was obviously delicious!!

1  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Cooking lessons at Cooking Alaturka has been a big highlight of my trip. Not only is it the best food that I have eaten, but also the most fun and best personal connections with locals and fellow travelers. Not to be missed when visiting Istanbul!

1  Thank Caitlin_Freya