“My second visit to Tomtom this year...”
Review of Tomtom Suites

Tomtom Suites
Ranked #7 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“My second visit to Tomtom this year...”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This was my second stay at Tomtom Suites this year. Modern, luxurious, safe area, and overall perfect and cosy, Tomtom is a jewel of a hotel. I have stayed at 2 other hotels in Istanbul, not out of choice, but because Tomtom Suites was full. None of them even came close to Tomtom. I have travelled alot and I have never ever witnessed such amazing service as by the staff of Tomtom, specifically Mr. Nural! From checking in, to directions and recommendations of restaurants/hotels/tourist spots, and anything and everything one can expect, Mr. Nural is always perfectly on the mark and keen to help. Any time one is lost in the city, need help translating, or just trying to figure out what to do next, one call to Mr. Nural and it is all sorted! Having frequented hotels with snobby and condescending concierges/receptionists, staying at the Tomtom suites is definitely a refreshing experience. Thank you so much Tomtom for a wonderful stay again! :) Tesukulaar!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Zamena
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear "Zamena";

Thank you for being our loyal guest and sharing your delightful experience with TOMTOM. I am thrilled to learn that you returned to our hotel and experienced our "Younique" service. You have rated our decoration and staff service "excellent", and we are all keeping improve our luxury but friendly service. As Tomtom family, we wish you an excellent day. We all look forward to your next visit.

Kindest Regards.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Tomtom Suites is modern and luxurious. The rooftop restaurant serves a delicious breakfast buffet and ambitious gastronomic creations for dinner. There are many lovely details from the glass elevator to the Molton Brown bath products, but by far the best thing about the hotel is Nural, the concierge. We've traveled the world and never have we encountered a concierge like Nural. Of course, he was friendly and helpful. When we were headed for tourist traps, he recommended first-rate, authentic restaurants that made us feel like we were experiencing the real Istanbul. But the best thing was the hand-drawn, magic marker map he made for us. It illustrated exactly when and where we were to catch the ferry, what stop to get off at, how to walk to dinner, and then on the reverse, how to get to a rooftop bar with breathtaking panoramic views of the entire city, and finally our route back to the hotel. We were blown away. And we had a absolutely fabulous night thanks to Nural.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Sasha S
Dear "Sasha S";

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read you had such a nice experience in Tomtom. All our staff are well trained to offer best service experience to our guests. I am sure Mr. Nural will be happy also to read your comments about his services. On behalf of Tomtom team, i wish you a pleasant day. We are all looking forward for your next visit in our hotel!

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

I picked this hotel based on the tripadvisor ranking for our first romantic get away without kids in almost two years. What a perfect place for such a trip. We had the superior room, and it was superior. A large suite with delicate decoration, superb bathroom with jacuzzi. The restaurant is on the roof terrace, with great views towards the old city. Nice breakfast with all that you need and ipads for guests. WiFi was working all the time. The hotel is located just where we wanted to be, with lots of great stuff like shopping and restaurants nearby. The street is still quite as the closest neighbour is the italian consulate.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank petterak
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear "petterak";

Thank you for rating us "excellent" on TripAdvisor. We are deligted to learn you have booked our hotel based on reviews published here and we are also happy to be able to met your expectations. You have enhanced our location, service quality, decaorations, rooms facilities and breakfast at the roof top terrace. We are greatful for all your comments. Thank you again for choosing Tomtom - The Old Franciscan House for your visit in Istanbul. We are already impatient to meet yu again for your next visit in town. As Tomtom family, we wish you a pleasant day.

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Not only are the Tom Tom Suites delectably stylish, luxurious and supersized, but they are blessed with phenomenal staff that go beyond the call of duty. On the evening of our departure after leaving the hotel and arriving at the airport I discovered I had left my laptop  behind. The member of staff who was on duty was supremely helpful. She called the restaurant where she established I had abandoned the laptop and arranged for a taxi driver to deliver it to me at the airport.
I just want to thank TomTom and your wonderful staff for your exemplary service.
Thankyou

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aspasia K
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear "Aspasia K";

Thank your your delightful comments on TripAdvisor. This is such a great new to know that you have found back your computer. Our staff are well trained and giving most of them to accomodate all guests with humain touches and "younique service" concept. For your next visit in Istanbul, we will be glad to welcome you again here in Tomtom - The Old Franciscan House. As Tomtom family, we wish you a pleasant day.

Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

From the minute I walked in I knew I was going to be happy here. Nural welcomed me and made it very clear that all the staff were there to make sure your stay was a pleasant one. He and the rest of the team could not be more efficient and helpful ! All recommendations made were great. Thank you ! The hotel is beautiful and the decor is superb and very stylish. I had a standard room and to me it was luxury ! Very spacious and amazing attention to detail in EVERY aspect. Lovely separate lounge area, large room with king size bed and a seriously impressive marble bathroom with a separate shower and Philip Stark jet bath. My room did not have much of a view but that did not both me. There are however front facing rooms with beautiful views. I got to experience the views on the terrace for breakfast each morning which was good enough for me. I cannot think of one thing to complain about. Thank you Nural and Tomtom Suites for making my stay so enjoyable. I will definitely be back when passing through Istanbul and I will recommend to everybody I know !!!

Stayed August 2012
5 Thank John M
Dear "John M";

We are delighted to read your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for rating us "excellent" and sharing your great experiance with other visitors. We are happy to learn you have fully enjoyed our luxury facilities and staff services. On behalf of Tomtom team, i wish you a pleasant day and look forward to welcome you again for another memorable stay.