“Soooo yummy, and very friendly staff”
Review of Amedros

Amedros
Ranked #32 of 13,905 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This restaurant is great! Excellent modern fresh turkish food in the heart of the old town. Highly recommended.

1  Thank mintyedinburgh
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Tables for outdoor seating are quite close together so we opted to go inside. Air con inside and good chill out music. Varied menu and excellent choice of wines. We never felt rushed. The food was excellent and we were given an almond liquor before we left. Just off the main road near the Sultanahmet tram stop in a wide alleyway so in a very convenient location.

1  Thank LondonNefertiti
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This restaurant was a good surprise as didn't expect such nice food in a hyper touristic area. Good value for money and efficient service.

1  Thank Jyv2401
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Loved the location. Eating outside in the quaint patio area. Food and service is great. There eg,ant dish was Devine.

1  Thank Sabrina I
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My wife, I and two children ate here for dinner after having looked at the Trip Advisor reviews. The location is close to Sultanhamet and frankly perfectly distant from Beyazit and the Bazaar district to allow for a walk to get the digestion going after the meal.

The restaurant is in an alley way immediately off of the main road into the Sultanhamet area, and I was a little worried that I was walking into a tourist trap.

Truth is, tourist trap it may have been in a sense, but a lovely trap to be caught in all the same.

I will say that the food that we ate, bore little resemblance to the Kebap and more common fare that we had eaten at other eateries. This place had sauces that were savory and sweet, smoky and fresh. Really really very lovely. For example:

We had a chicken and lamb stew made in a pot served with rice, and a typical leavened but dense bread. The "stew" if that is the right word with the rice was incredible, a fantastic melding of savory meat and vegetable with some slight sweetness to it. Equally important, it made for the perfect "spill" to be sopped up by the bread. Really yummy.

We had a chicken served on a mashed potato and vegetable base with a really amazing and smoky sauce made with eggplant.

Finally, what was really impressive was a chicken filet sauteed with a vegetable base sauce flavored with pomegranite. This was not my favorite dish, though my children and wife both loved it. I liked it a lot dont get me wrong, but the other two dishes were amazing and this was just very good.

The prices for the dishes themselves were completely reasonable, my only quibble is that the prices on the drinks were a bit high.

I had a glass of house red at Antakya a few nights before that was a better pour and a little less expensive, on top of that a glass of fresh squeezed OJ was 9-10 TL (Turkish Lira) or about 5-6 bucks. A bottle of water that retails in the stores for 1 TL was 6-7 TL, which i not unusual markup in many places, but not typical in a place where most other restaurants charge a realtively small premium and where one generally feels obligated to buy bottles since the water system in not always reliable from a microbe perspective.

All in all, I totally recommend this place. I would not call it pricey, I would not call it cheap. It is a really good place that is worth the trip.

1  Thank vmangalmurti