Grand Hyatt Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$ 555
US$ 523
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewscevahir mallmetro stationcarrefour supermarketbusiness tripclose to the hotelwifi connectionbigger roomclean roomswalking distanceserkanmarmarasinksmrtourist
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Get the big rooms !

Third stay in the Marmara Sisli , got a Superior room which used to be called “square plus” before , the hotel has got some improvements like English city& Shopping guides, more variety in small things like bathroom kits TV channels , etc …with the good offers like stay 3 nights & pay for 2 it will be always competitive from a (value for money point of view ) … shopping malls like Javaher & Astoria are close , also 2 metro stations and 2 main bus stops are in a walking distance if you are public transport user…

PS: I have always been in relatively big rooms , I have heard that other rooms are very small .

Negative points : cleanness of the rooms is good and maintained , whoever , more attentions most be given to that like the couches , mine was stained haven’t felt commutable to use it , also the English language ability for some of the service staff will be helpful, I happen to know some Turkish so I managed my way , for others it might be difficult little bit to communicate

Over all experience is good, my tactical suggestion is: Get a big room and check out the special offers!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ahmad R
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The best thing about Marmara Sisli is the location, Sisli is a nice neighbourhood in Istanbul, the hotel is 5 min walk from Istanbul most luxurious mall "Istanbul Cevahir" and the underground "Metro" station.
I was shocked when I saw the room, it's designed as a sleeping train room, very narrow bed, no bathroom, the toilet, sink and shower are just scattered around the room with no closed doors.
There was absolutely no space to put my luggage, not even a chair to sit on.
One good thing to mention was the Air conditioning was working perfectly in July hottest days. ACs are a major problem in most of Istanbul 3 and 4 stars hotels and is something you really need to watch out for if you travel during summer.
The cleaning was average, the bed sheets weren't changed daily but still my main concern is the size of the room and the fact that no closed bathroom exists.
Stay at Marmara Sisli only if you are travelling alone or with friends and only if you get a good rate and plan to go back to the hotel only to sleep.

Room Tip: avoid the wagon style rooms at all costs, the have no closed bathrooms and are really tiny
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
GKURKCU, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Dear Sir;
I am sorry that you didn't happy the room that you stayed.
As you already know The Marmara Sisli is a boutique and special design hotel.
These wagon rooms has been renovating since last october and becoming a new suit rooms with jakuzzi's near by window with a wonderful bosphorus view.
I will be happy to make you upgrade to Suit rooms for a different The Marmara Sisli experience.
Please let me know for your future bookings I will be very happy to assist you personaly.

Thanks for choosing The Marmara Sisli Hotel

Best Regards;
The Marmara Sisli
T:+90 212 3709400
F:+90 212 2923315

Reviewed 31 October 2011

First, can you believe a toilet with no door!!! YES, it is possible,,, exclusive in this hotel !!!

Floor is the 5 star hotel for Bugs !!

Towels never changed unless you ask for it which is not acceptable in a 4 Star Hotel!!

and thats for you manager if you remember,,, that garbage bag left next to our bed !! yeah thats me !!!!!

I never ever seen a hotel that leave a black garbage bag left after what is so called "room cleaning"

Can you believe it a garbage left next to your bed,,, you dont find this in a one start hotel !!!!

bed sheet and pillows never get changed and never get cleaned cleaned unless we ask for it,,, EVERYDAY !!!!

Bathroom never get cleaned either,,,, you will see your hair left there all your stay

I GUARANTEE this !!!

I wanna slap the one who rated this hotel as a 4 star hotel

Rooms are bloody small !!!

and its too expensive for the service provided!!

if you see a one star hotel please consider this as an alternative

I am Turkish and I am so ashamed of this and I feel embarrassed of my country because The Marmara sisli exists !!

you Manger I am the one who stayed in your Hotel from 19/6 - 26/6

Room Tip: Even the best room is rubbish !!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MohammedPelin
GKURKCU, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear Sir,

We are sorry that your experience at our hotel was a disappointing one and assure you that all your comments have been duly noted.
We apologize for any inconvience we may have caused and would appreciate the opportunity to gain back your confidence in our hotel in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely,
The Marmara Sisli Hotel
T:+90 212 3709400
F:+90 212 2923315
e-mail:gkurkcu@themarmarahotels.com

Reviewed 24 October 2011

There's just nothing wrong with the hotel. I mean, it doesn't impress me with something special, it's just a what you need from hotel - clean and quite place to stay.

Room could be a bit more spacious, but there's enough space to live in. Decor is good, everything was clean, quite, internet connection was good. People on reception are helpful.

I put location to average because it's too far away from the old city and at the same time quite far away (2 metro stations) from business area at levent.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Super hotel, super staff, super room service. I would not stay here again though because the air con cant seem to get the larger room down below 25 degrees even when on all day. Smaller room slightly better but still way too hot. If they sorted this out it would be a better review.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
GKURKCU, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2011

Dear Sir;
Thank you for your kind interest to The Marmara Sisli Hotel.I am so sorry about your inconvenience that you experienced in your room with air conditioning system.
I would like to inform you that we have very detailed automated system with our cooling&heating system.If you would report it to Front desk, we could change your room with other room type.Due to high temparature of Istanbul on September& our wonderful bosphorus view rooms offered you too much sun light in to your room.
For your next visit I would like to ensure you that you will stay in a very cool room:)
Hope to see you again at Istanbul soon.

The Marmara Sisli Hotel