All reviews cevahir mall metro station carrefour supermarket quiet stay business trip close to the hotel wifi connection bigger room clean rooms serkan marmara sinks mr tourist
Reviewed 24 October 2011

There's just nothing wrong with the hotel. I mean, it doesn't impress me with something special, it's just a what you need from hotel - clean and quite place to stay.

Room could be a bit more spacious, but there's enough space to live in. Decor is good, everything was clean, quite, internet connection was good. People on reception are helpful.

I put location to average because it's too far away from the old city and at the same time quite far away (2 metro stations) from business area at levent.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Super hotel, super staff, super room service. I would not stay here again though because the air con cant seem to get the larger room down below 25 degrees even when on all day. Smaller room slightly better but still way too hot. If they sorted this out it would be a better review.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
GKURKCU, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2011

Dear Sir;
Thank you for your kind interest to The Marmara Sisli Hotel.I am so sorry about your inconvenience that you experienced in your room with air conditioning system.
I would like to inform you that we have very detailed automated system with our cooling&heating system.If you would report it to Front desk, we could change your room with other room type.Due to high temparature of Istanbul on September& our wonderful bosphorus view rooms offered you too much sun light in to your room.
For your next visit I would like to ensure you that you will stay in a very cool room:)
Hope to see you again at Istanbul soon.

Goksenin KURKCU
The Marmara Sisli Hotel

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I'm not finicky at all I've stayed in 3 stars hotels all over the world i even have stayed at motels
i never ever have seen worse than this hotel there is nothing good about it TRUST ME the reality has nothing to do with the pictures .
I booked this hotel for 10 days unfortunately i took a hot deal that was nonrefundable and although my credit card was fully chareged for the whole stay i could not stay for one hour at that disgusting worn out dirty room i left to another hotel at once
I had to worry through out my vacation over going way over my budget and how will i deal with it when i go back home to reality but i did not regret for a second checking out of this hotel and if i'm in the same situation again i will do the same thing
one important lesson not to book anything nonrefundable no matter what.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing The Marmara Şişli.We are truly sorry to hear your complaint about your room.We would offer you a different type of room but unfortunately you have chosen to leave the hotel. Your internet booking had one of the best prices in the city in such a busy season like this as non-refundable rate category. The internet site had all the acknowledge and the information about this non-refundable special rate . As The Marmara Şişli Hotel,our guest's satisfaction more important than anything;we also have different room types that you might enjoy,therefore we are loking forward to welcome you once again on a different The Marmara Şişli experience.

Best Regards;
Goksenin KURKCU
The Marmara Sisli Hotel

Reviewed 3 August 2011

The Marmara are a well established chain of hotels in Turkey with a relatively good reputation which is one reason I chose this hotel.

This hotel is not central to Istanbul but not too far out to be an issue, close to a tube station. Away from the busy touristy area so less street sellers to be harassed by.

My room was “A compact” room with a narrow corridor down the length of it – that was the only floor space, so no chairs, tables etc. which was fine by me as I was alone but any more than one person in this room would’ve been crowded. No door to the loo which was a bit odd, little hanging space for clothes – luckily I was only there for a weekend.

The staff seemed attentive and courteous – I really had little reason for interaction other than valet parking. I didn’t eat breakfast with the hotel as €15 seemed a little too pricey, besides, I prefer the cafes along the Bosphorus for breakfast – can’t beat the views.

The room was clean & tidy, walls were not very sound proof so ambient noise was a bit of an issue – even on the top floor.

All in all I was happy with the Marmara Istanbul and would be happy to consider it again in the future – but with so many others hotels to chose from, I think I’ll keep exploring ;).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Here is compression between price and the values.

Price+Location = Awesome
Price+Comfort = Medium
Price+Quality = Medium
Price+Breakfast = Poor

Tip: Do not try stay on Nano Room. Those rooms are very small and boring.

Room Tip: Traveler should take at least the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business