See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a great location everything is near it . The breakfast was nice too. The staff was friendly and nice. Ahmet was really helpful. But the rooms were dirty . They didnt change our towels and sheet for 3 days. This really needs improvement.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I should know better than letting someone else book my hotel, but that's what I did at Istanbul airport. I arrived late and I could easily see that this was far from the standard of what a "4****" hotel should be. It did remind me somehow of a run down version of the Budapest Hotel. Room 205 smells - mostly of urine. The place is pretty run down and and you'll see it in the carpets. I'd avoid. That said the staff were nice to me in the past 24 hours.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 26 April 2016

what you're looking for in a hotel when you go on a business trip? Be clean, quiet and staff be helpful. If you want a rich (for the area) breakfast, then surely you choose the ASSOS HOTEL.This is the second time I visit this hotel, and not regretted it at all. I have stayed at more than 10 hotels in the area, but now I do not change the ASSOS HOTEL. Whatever problem you have, I am sure that Mr. Selami Polat at the reception , will solve it.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
İSTANBUL ASSOS G, Director of Sales at Assos Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay with us .
Your feedback is highly appreciated .

We look forward to welcoming you again at your home in Istanbul .

Hüsnü NASIR
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

*The swimming pool was not working.
I got a room there just because my kids wanted a swimming pool and have fun but when we got there they told us that it is not working they are advertising for fake.
*The bathtub was leaking
*The sink and bathtub drain was blocked
*The wash room exhaust does not work
*The small fridge was dirty
*Stuff were staring at us while we were eating our breakfast
*They charge 67tl for (4 pop, 3 water & 2 red bull) but these are hidden charges for happy endings

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mustafa M
Reviewed 25 July 2015

The hotel from the outside looks very shabby and isn't in the best of areas. Although it's close to the local tram service (albeit up a very steep hill), if you head down the hill the area is quite rough. I wouldn't want to walk around there alone - grafitti, rubbish everywhere, men hanging around watching you etc etc.

Inside the public areas aren't great - the rooftop bar and restaurant is very old and am not sure things are cleaned. We went up there around 4pm when we arrived and the breakfast cereal and milk were still out - the milk was warm. We avoided milk during our stay as weren't sure it was refreshed every morning.

I feel mislead by the hotel saying they had a rooftop bar - I wrongly assumed it was outside. It wasn't. It was in the restaurant and not a separate bar area, just a corner with drinks.

The bedroom we had was very nice and clean and was a very good size. My only (minor) niggle was the fact we were right opposite a mosque which woke us up during the night with their praying, a very minor thing which is to be expected in Istanbul.

Room tip: Ask for an upgrade on arrival, if they have one they will let you have it at no additional cost
Date of stay: June 2015