“One of the worst nights of my life...”
Review of Meddusa Hotel

Meddusa Hotel
Ranked #502 of 1,147 Hotels in Istanbul
Lima, Peru
“One of the worst nights of my life...”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

It was like something out of a film. Luckily we only had to spend a night there after a mix up with booking our original hotel (The Modern Sultan, much, much better)

The room is a joke, measures about 2 meters by 3 metres, with dilapidated furniture and a general grubby appearance. And the bathroom? It was so small I could sit on the toilet, brush my teeth in the sink and have a shower ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!

It was very noisy, with a main street right outside the building, so plenty of traffic. We could clearly hear people stomping around the hotel until the early ours of the morning. And the lift? Enough room for one person, and no door to the cubicle, so you're seeing bare stone pass 2 inches from your nose.

On the plus side, the terrace was nice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manama, Al Manamah, Bahrain
Reviewed 5 April 2012

it was a good location and easy access to all attractions and walking distance from old city of istanbul & easy access also to the local tram.

Room was nice and clean and the staff were very friendly and generous,.. they spoke english which was really helpful and a relief.. after a bad experience @ the airport.

I would like to recommend this hotel to budget travellers especially after the new management took over as I was informed by Mr. Eser Akkoc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Russell J
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My family and I just got back from Istanbul. It's a beautiful city.. we had so much fun.
The hotel was in a great location, amazing view to the city and it was so easy to go anywhere from there.

People are so friendly and they offered the best service.
Also it came to my attention that the staff were communicating in English with westerns, which made us comfortable to ask for any assistance.

I highly recommend tourists to book in Meddusa Hotel. you wont regret it :)

Special thanks to Mr. Eser Akkoc and his new management team who have been a great help to us.

We will definitely go again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammi M
manama
Reviewed 4 April 2012

From where to begin, first of all as soon as we arrived the hotel staff were very welcoming to me and my family and I had a long trip with my kids, they took care of everything in just 15 min I was in my room....

As room it was nice and bright clean and smelling good. But for us the most important thing for me was the location which it was close to all the attraction places in Istanbul only walking distance from every where actually ..

The thing I knew that they have new management that they r doing there bet to decrease all the issues that they have before and I see it working I guess , all of them speaks English and very friendly specially Mr. Esser akkoc he was really nice

Bottom line its worth the money and for these reasons location location and location :-). Plus the friendly new management that they have now . I highly recommend it for all the travellers

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Demmo81
Philadelphia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We spent one night at this hotel and fled. We arrived on a late flight into Istanbul and arrived at the hotel after midnight and extremely tired. The staff was friendly but the room was hell. Instead of a window, we for nd a large steel firedoor behind a curtain. The toilet wasn't bolted down to the floor, so the seal didn't hold and dirty water would run out onto the bath room floor whenever we flushed. The drain in the all-in-one shower didn't work well so the water level would quickly rise over the half centimeter door sill and flow into the bedroom. Had we not been so tired,we would have checked out immediately, but hung on for a night. As soon as the sun rose I ran to the Erboy hotel and secured a new room there.

• Stayed September 2011