All reviews presidential suite big supermarket top floor tuk tuk facing the main road spacious room inhouse restaurant bed frame papaya juice satellite tv rooms face sri lanka booked this hotel two nights friends wedding sister hotel comfortable stay
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Firstly location of the Richmond house is not in the centre and about 20 minutes drive to the Colombo Fort area(main centre of town). But rickshaws are very cheap and plentiful outside the hotel,all metred and charging about 400 Sri Lankan rupees to centre and there is a bus stop also just outside the hotel. Exactly opposite is a big supermarket staying open till 10:30 pm. And around are many restaurants and shops.
Even though the road is busy, the rooms face onto the backside of the hotel which is quiet.
The manager at reception is very pleasant and helpful and so are his staff , so there is nice atmosphere.
Now the first room I was in had a huge bed in a huge room, the trouble being there was a canopy surrounding the bed and so couldn’t even see the tv properly.
The room being so large, It took a long time to cool down with the ac.
I moved rooms to a similar sized room but with less of a canopy around the bed.
So the room is almost to big for me and the ac is positioned by the window and the bed is around the corner and so am far away from the ac. I do feel the ac, but not as cold as would like, I do like a v.cold ac
There is also a quiet view from window/balcony of some trees and backside of some buildings,quiet pleasant, but again can’t see the window from my bed.
The bathroom is a good size with walk in shower, but the water pressure is not so strong.
There is sufficient mirroring, lighting and plugs around room
The WiFi is fantastic. Super fast as each room has its own router and so am very happy there.
The lcd tv is a big size and has news channels like CNN
The rooms are also very clean, very spacious and cannot hear much external noise.
Breakfast is on the top floor and is ala Carte and so I can order as much as I like and I do order a lot.However I do prefer buffets. But still is ok
Overall a good experience. Good value for a hotel in Colombo. Safe and pleasant atmosphere

5  Thank gabrieltheangel72
Naweera H, Manager at The Richmond House Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for selecting Richmond House Hotels and Richmond Travels.we are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and service at Richmond Group.we always try our best to make your stay a memorable one.Hope to see you again to serve you."Thank you very much" from All the staff at Richmond Group.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Richmond House for 3 nights. It is very clean, people are friendly and helpful, daily housekeeping, free wifi, supermarket is nearby. During my stay I used to do daily tours outside Colombo, they were always helpful to prepare my breakfast to have it on the road. It is an ideal place for those kind of visits and worth the value of money.

5  Thank Yasmin E

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Stayed here with family and the staff could not be more accommodating, especially the manager. Rooms are big and clean and we did not find a restaurant that had better curries than could be had here. I can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank heinzgunasekera
Naweera H, Manager at The Richmond House Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I was just traveling as alone during my vacation to sri lanka, and i wanted a place to stay in colombo, on my first day, just arriving from airport.I foundout this hotel through the good comments posted by many visiters here before and once i came to the hotel, it became reality. l was staying in the deluxe room for two person. Wow, what a surprise, Nice hospitality, friendly staff, well organized management, quite a spacious room, kingsize bed with canopy, nice and clean bathroom as well as the room, good arrangement of all the stuff in the room, allso with all the facilities like free wi-fi, satellite tv, a/c, hotwater, room service, hotel owned taxi service with arrangement of local excursions. I stayed here with BB basis, so nice continental or local breakfirst, on the top floor, beautiful restaurant with city view. Few other things are, hotel just situated on the main road, but once you are in the room without disturbances, very quite and calm, and opposite to the hotel, there is a big supermarket, and allso in the vicinity you get lots of local and oriental restaurants with plenty of shopping around. Actually i enjoyed well, two days stay in this lovely boutique hotel in colombo. If you are coming to colombo, this is the place to stay, I can highly recommend to you, it is surely worth for money!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
10  Thank Mahesh P

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This is a nice small comfy hotel -To enjoy the trip close to Colombo.The staff is superb.
Helpful.Like to serve during your stay.The manager is very friendly.Arranged our excursions to Pinnawala & Kandy.day tours.The wifi is very good-bedding is comfort.
Nearby beach Mount lavinia & some nice temples close by.We recommend the hotel to anyone.little bit away from the City center.lovely stay, And great rooms on the top floor
Thank you guys.

Room tip: Presidential suite is large & comfy.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank mohangreatest
Naweera H, Manager at The Richmond House Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017