All reviews suite hotel covered pool a separate living room large fridge partial view of the ocean plenty of storage space living area indian vegetarian sound of the waves spacious room family stay place to stay marine drive railway track long stay courteous staff room service
Reviewed 12 November 2017

There are so many wonderful advantages to Ocean Edge Suites and Hotel even beyond what you see in the photos and description. The staff work hard to make sure you have everything you need. The rooms are large, comfortable, pretty and clean. The beds are wonderful, better than I have at home! It's so nice to have a kitchen available and I believe there aren't many suites like this available in Colombo. They have drivers to pick you up or take you places (for a reasonable fee). They have a restaurant, bar and swimming pool onsite. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Our best to Shariff! We arrived early in the day after traveling 30 hours to get there and they had a room ready within an hour which was much appreciated. We sat at the pool with a view of ocean while we waited. The location is on the Indian Ocean and also within walking distance of many shops. My only suggestions are some possible safety issues I saw. The hot water in the bathroom is much too hot and could burn someone. (The kitchen sink didn't seem to have hot water. We were in room 809.) The elevator doors keep closing even if someone is not all the way in or out. Someone pushed the door close button on the elevator as I was entering and it closed on me and was quite painful. I believe the water temperature and elevator door could be adjusted. I might also suggest that the kitchen could use more amenities such as dish detergent, towels and coffee supplies. Otherwise, this was one of the best hotels I've visited anywhere and I will definitely stay there again upon my return.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies but not all. You should request one if you would like that.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
HeenaShrivastava, General Manager at Ocean Edge Suites & Hotel, Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Cynthia M

Greetings from Ocean Edge Suites & Hotel! Many thanks for taking the time out to review us.

I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay tremendously! It's the best motivation for us as a team to exceed your expectations.

I have also made note of the elevator issue and we have got it fixed. There was a switch issue that was causing this. Regarding the hot water in the kitchen, this facility is unavailable in the rooms. I have also taken note of your suggestion of dish detergent and kitchen towels.

My apologies about the coffee supplies not being replenished. Have briefed the team to be extra careful.

My team and I most definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights. It is located quite close to the Colombo city center, maybe around 4 kms from Galle Face Beach and Viharamahadevi Park.

The rooms are very spacious. Being a Suite, each of them have a separate living room, kitchen and dining area. The room has lots of utensils along with an Induction cook top. The Balcony opens up to an ocean view, although it is not a pleasant one. Overall it is like staying in an Apartment.

The staff is very helpful and courteous. One of us was sick and the hotel staff was very helpful in taking us to a nearby hospital. They even accompanied us so that we wouldn't face any language problem.

The breakfast was nice and had adequate variety.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HeenaShrivastava, Consultant at Ocean Edge Suites & Hotel, Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear BaluKP,

Greetings from Ocean Edge Suites & Hotel!

Thank you for your feedback and I'm heartened to hear you had a pleasant stay. I do remember your family and you and hope Ma'm is better now.

As you rightly pointed out we do have very large suites fully furnished for a comfortable stay! I look forward to seeing you back soon!

Our best regards to your family.

Best,

Heena Shriavstava

Reviewed 19 August 2017

During my 15 days stay in Ocean Edges, I feel that this is one of the perfect location to stay either you are on business trip or leisure trip. Hotel staff is too good and cooperative so you feel that you are staying at home.

Rooms are quite big and have almost all amenities that you need to have for a comfortable stay. Kettle, Fridge, Utensils... you get almost everything.

Restaurant food is also good being it a breakfast, lunch or dinner specially if you like Indian food.

Overall it is a nice place for your short/long term stay.

Room Tip: sea view, restaurant gym and swimming pool is on 1st floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Kamal,

Many thanks for your feedback and appreciation! My team will be extremely pleased and motivated to learn about your thoughts.

I do hope you have enjoyed Tanveer's Indian cooking too!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had a wonderful experience stayed at ocean edge. Perfect value for the money. Located in the center of the Colombo which was very convenient for us, as we had to travel to many places in Colombo. We didn't get a chance to dine in, But Room service and food (quality and quantity) were very good. I have nothing bad to say. The hotel staff was excellent. My only concern was during the day we asked for a room cleaning service which never happened even after a couple of phone calls and we had to wait untill the next day which was very inconvenient.

Room Tip: Best ocean view, center of the city
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Dear Satchi J,

Greetings from Ocean Edge Suites & Hotel!

It was wonderful to read your feedback and I'm confident my team will appreciate your positive comments.

Chef and his team will be pleased to learn about your experience with Room Dining.

I have also made note of the feedback regarding House Keeping. My sincere apologies for this inconvenience. We will review the break in process and ensure it is fixed.

I loo forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Edge Suites & Hotel soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Staff is friendly. But rooms are quite old. Breakfaswt buffet is average. No entertainments. Food was ok. This plwace is good for one night stay not more than that. Service in the restaurant is poor. Pool doesn't look good as they advertise in agoda pictures. Anyway we enjoyed our stay there!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HeenaShrivastava, General Manager at Ocean Edge Suites & Hotel, Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Akila S,

Greetings from Ocean Edge Suites & Hotel, Colombo!

Thank you sharing your feedback. We have added a variety of new Indian Items to our breakfast menu. Hopefully during your next visit you can savor the additions!

I have noted your feedback around poor service in the restaurant. We will ensure proper training is consistently provided and the service standards are improved at the earliest.

Hope to see you back sometime!