“Expensive but pretty good”
Review of Kangaroo Cabs

Kangaroo Cabs
Ranked #12 of 56 Transportation in Colombo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An industry pioneer Kangaroo Cabs has been operating since the 80’s with a wide range of vehicles; that cater to all budgets and passenger quantities (i.e individuals or groups). Whether you are on holiday or a business trip, plan your visit to Sri Lanka with Kangaroo Cabs for a smooth navigation through the hustle and bustle of this beautiful island. Kangaroo Cabs is a reliable, cost effective and a safe transportation service that can assure your comfort until you reach your destination. According to your budget Kangaroo is dedicated in providing the following services, Airport pick-up and drop off, Colombo City tours, Tour Guides (in any language the passenger may request) and Taxi services
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I used these people on the recommendation of a host. It’s one of the most expensive firms and both times they turned up when they were meant to but the drivers didn’t speak English. First time that didn’t matter because my host had made the booking for me and the driver knew where to go.

The second time I provided all details to the controller including GPS co-ordinates and a jpeg map of the journey. Therefore I assumed the driver knew where we were going, whereas he was just driving and waiting for me to tell him (he didn’t ask). This meant we did a lot of driving around, completely lost, all charged to me at their high mileage rate. They’d have got a pretty low score for this incompetence, but they redeemed themselves by refunding the overcharge without question when I mailed them to complain

All reviews
in 58 reviews
"vehicle"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Got charged an additional 500Rs for airport charges. No mention of this on website. Driver also took a poor route adding 10% to the quote. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Viraj was incredible! He was our personal driver for our week-long stay in Sri Lanka. He drove us from Colombo to Galle and was a wealth of knowledge about the country and it's gems.
He picked us up in Galle and transported us back to Colombo. He also took us up to Kandy and showed us the amazing temple there as well as the beautiful botanic gardens.

1  Thank pvoscott
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We had a really bad experience with Kangaroo Cabs with their airport pickup service. They state on the website what the extra charges could/would be, but we had more extra charges added on top, including "parking" and "fee for the driver to enter the airport". Only after lengthy arguments with the office, were these charges dropped. I would strongly recommend not to use this company.

1  Thank lostelvis
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I have been using Kangaroo Cabs for over 5 years regularly. I use them for short in Colombo trips and make them wait like my private limo. They are very reasonable and very decent and the drivers all smell nice and wear ties and clean shirts. They have a meter system on a cell phone and rarely have I had a problem. English language skills is often an issue so I was happy today with the services of a young man of Cab 431 called Mr. Puspakumara. Ask for him to be your driver for in town trips or out of town multi-day trips (negotiate with Kangaroo on all such out of Colombo trips as to what you are expected to pay (room and board etc. per day for driver in addition to the KM charges etc.). The thing about Pushpakumara is that he is trying hard to improve his English and loves the chance to speak with you and learn from you. His dream is to be a tour guide someday. So your patronage will help him on this journey!!