All reviewsrooftop barmarine driveindian oceanrail tracksrooms have sea viewfamily roomtravel deskrooms are cleanhousekeeping teama wonderful place to staynice hotelvisited this hotelcomplimentary breakfastsri lankarestaurant staffthe hotel offersmajestic city
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I went back to The Ocean after more than a year and found the hotel in its absolute tip top shape as before. I was very glad to meet the staff again, and they all remembered me and were so friendly, helpful and really kind. Dulsie, at the breakfast was lovely and so professional, Susira from the laundry would climb the 6 stairs running to deliver the laundry in a second, the front desk and travel desk were helpful with directions. rickshaws, cell phone questions etc. The food is excellent (i am french...) and the Chef, Mr. De Alwis even stayed after hours to serve me a wonderful birthday dinner with complimentary birthday cake {and candle) on the roof top and accompany me through my birthday as I was travelling alone and the staff (I guess front desk or great manager), noticed it was my birthday. I also received a wonderful refreshing fruit plate on that day. The cleaning crew was excellent and attentive to my needs and kept the room spotless. I prefer the 6th floor as opposed to the 9th where I stayed before because on the 6th, as you turn around you feel even more like you really are IN the Ocean or your room is IN the water or may be you are on the deck of a boat. There is a train running from time to time in front of the hotel but the windows are absolutely soundproof, so you dont hear it at all. I must say my stay was wonderful and I thank everyone for the relief and rest I got in their care.

Room Tip: I like 6th floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Fabienne B
Warren J, General Manager at The Ocean Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking time to write a wonderful comment yet again on TripAdviser about your recent stay at The Ocean Colombo.

We are so delighted we were able to once again not only exceed your expectations but also celebrate your special day with the Ocean family together. It was a great having you once again with us as our valued and honored guest as always. Thank you for all the names highlighted and all recommendations.

We look forward to welcome you once again to The Ocean family Home away from Home.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We had our Annual Reunion 2017 on the 15th october. We were finding for many halls in colombo which provides for mini parties like for about 25-30guests, there werent any and ocean had that facility to serve mini party. Would like to thank the friendly and polite staffs Dulsie and Hansani who were very friendly and helpfull and the FB Manager Mr. Indika Wickramasingha who made all the arrangements for us in organising the event successfully. Would recommend this place to all my family and friends abroad and in lanka for quality and friendly banquet services.... The organizing team was highly satisfied after the event and the guests too and tge food was liked by all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Warren J, General Manager at The Ocean Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Afrah,

Thank you for taking time to comment on TripAdviser. We are so delighted you and your team enjoyed your reunion at The Ocean Colombo.

We thank you for choosing The Ocean Colombo to host your event and look forward to serve many events of yours in the future.

I will surely share this comment with Indika and his team while thanking you once again for choosing The Ocean Colombo Hotel Home away from Home.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The hotel is small and first impression was that it was a budget hotel - however the rooms were a good size, extremely clean and comfortable, and hotel staff were amazing - friendly, personable, and really came to seem like family. Things e.g. iron, extra toiletries, generally arrived within 2 minutes of telephoning. Hotel is a short tuk tuk ride away from the big hotels, and most tourist areas. Nice roof terrace for drinks at night.
Downsides - limited choice of breakfast; no dinner in hotel (but Ozo Colombo which has a nice restaurant is a couple of minutes away, and only a short tuk tuk or taxi ride to other hotels and restaurants); no pool; no air conditioning in the corridor (this one really needs to be sorted out).
Overall however, a very pleasant stay for a reasonable price, made memorable by the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Higher floors and sea view, I think there are also a few rooms which are much larger and double aspect
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jomodder
Warren J, General Manager at The Ocean Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Jomodder,

Thank you for taking time to comment on TripAdviser. We are delighted you have enjoyed your stay and the services provided by our team.

I will surely share this comment with my team while thanking your for the constructive highlights and comments for improvement. We always value these type of comments.

Look forward to welcome you and family once again to The Ocean Colombo Hotel Home away from Home.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

My birthday was planned on rooftop lounge.and i really enjoyed that special day with my friends and family. And they have got friendly staff and good service. My special thanks for Mr.Janaka and Mr.Indika for arrangements on my special day..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tifani F
Warren J, General Manager at The Ocean Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Tifani,

Thank you for taking time to comment on TripAdviser. We are so delighted you have enjoyed your special day with us and thank you for choosing The Ocean Colombo Hotel to Host the same.

I will surely share this comment with Indika & Janaka and the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcome you and family and all once again to The Ocean Colombo Hotel Home away from Home.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I organized a party at the Ocean rooftop , I was quite satisfied with the experience overall - the view , the service, the location and the music . Prior to the party I met Mr. Janaka and discussed my requirements , it must be mentioned he was very helpful and flexible with my requirements. One of the main reasons I decided to go ahead and have the party here. Mr. Indika was also helpful in responding to my queries.

The food itself was average and quality could be improved a bit, however one weak point is that I would have appreciated if they had the fire burners on through out the dinner once the buffet was opened , they removed the burners few minutes after the buffet was opened, therefore, the food was cold for those who had dinner later.

However, overall it was a good party and everyone enjoyed it. It is a nice location for a private party, particularly i would like to thank Mr. Janaka who was very supportive right through out. I would recommend this rooftop bar to others for a private function or even a casual outing with friends.
Ms. P .Fernando

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Ms.Fernando,

Thank you for taking time to comment on Tripadviser. We are so delighted you have enjoyed your event and thank you for choosing The Ocean Colombo to Host your event.

I will share this comments with Janaka and rest of the team and thank you for highlighting our service and facilities. We will personally look in to the constructive feedback mention on food and its quality very seriously and take necessary action.

We look forward to welcome you once again to the Ocean Colombo Hotel Home away from Home.