All reviews marine drive railway track train passes sri lanka busy road train noise infinity pool beautiful view of the sea nice hotel international buffet indian ocean sea facing room buffet dinner late check short stay rooms are spacious stopover
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Mirage is located on Gale face road facing the Indian Ocean. The rooms are clean, spacious and have balcony to step out and view the ocean. The staff is friendly and courteous and will go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. My family and I liked everything about Mirage including their food at the restaurant.

One thing that struck out is their honesty and customer service. I inadvertently left my
I pad at the hotel when I checked out and within few minutes the front office staff called me to inform that they have the I pad. This speaks volume about their honesty.

I will stay at Mirage anytime without any reservation. I thank the front desk staff and the house keeping employee for their honesty.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are available up to three people.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Ronald P, General Manager at Mirage Hotel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Mr.Ranjit,
Thanks for your encouraging comments which will elevate our image and we
are welcoming you again at Mirage on your next vacation.

Thank you again for your genuine comments.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Tired and dated - a little grubby. This was a big disappointment - Swimming Pool shots give you an impression of a large area for relaxation - tiny area broken sun loungers and not at all relaxing. Room grubby, poor cleaning standard - more like a 2 star. Not our favourite hotel so far in Sri Lanka .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Ronald P, General Manager at Mirage Hotel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This is the WORST sea food buffet that I have ever been to. I was so embarrassed after taking some friends from overseas who wanted to enjoy a selection of sea food.
Taste horrible. If you are planning on going there, please, please think twice as you are in for a big surprise.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank SanathM

Thanks for your comments and please visit our hotel sea food only on Saturday evening and not on other days where we have our normal buffet when there is a crowd for dinner.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My last hotel to stay after my 3 week stay in Sri Lanka. Very hotel had its flaw- when i checked in here I thought wow. First impression great, located next to the beach with a beautiful sea view. The next day is where it all started! A miscommunication regarding about payment, I was not surprised they would take the full payment as soon as I checked in. It’s a first for me, this usually happens at check out at every hotel I stayed at. The reception staff did not make this clear- I even asked, ‘anything to pay?’ Upon my arrival. He stated “no”. He should have said, “no as the balance has been taken already.” As he wasn’t clear, this caused inconvenience for me as I changed all my money to rupees so I can pay for the hotel, so I can avoid using my card as direct debits are due out. After speaking to the manager about this, he hasn’t done anything. Still reeling about this, I have breakfast the next day. Just to find an uncooked chicken sausage! It’s raw as anything and pink in the middle. (See the photo). My 4 year old son was about to eat that. After complaining about that, the manager brushed it under the carpet and walked away. No apology from anyone- manager or chef no one! They advertise a man cave with pool table facilities in the lift, booking.com and on he leaflets. Nothing! Wifi is poor and also had a fiasco regarding room service. THe menu clearly states when you order a curry, you receive a rice dish and 3 vegetables dishes. That’s not the case, you have to pay extra for the 3 vegetable curries and rice. Not clear at all and again no apology. This hotel has taken the gloss off my holiday and I will not be returning to this hotel ever. Anyone reading this please take this advice into consideration! There are many other hotels in Colombo that you can book and get value for money. Read my review on GOH hotel in Colombo- that place has been there since the British ruled the country and its a better hotel than this! No care or hospitality- because they took my money before entering the hotel. Disgusted!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sir,
We regret very much for your comments and it's a policy of our hotel and other hotels as well, when you make a booking through booking.com they take the full payment in advance and that's the reason they request for the credit card details, otherwise any one can
make the booking and cancel it at any time they wish, ultimately the hotels will lose the opportunity of selling the rooms.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We were stay at this hotel few days ago.Good 4* star hotel in Colombo.Good food and few KM away from Colombo city center.Front office staff were very help full all the time and keen about guest needs and wants.We Love this place

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Ronald P, General Manager at Mirage Hotel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Mr.Jonathan,
Thanks for your lovely comments and we hope to welcome you again at Mirage.