3,299 results
All reviewsthai restaurantroyal thailong fengdegrees northlake viewsri lankaexecutive floorbeira lakebeautiful poolexcellent hotelpool barpool sidefront officespecial thankscity hotelhigh teacoffee shop
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Nice business hotel which also offers the trappings of a resort. Good for both transiting tourists as well as business travel within colombo. Was a bit disappointed with the food & Beverage both, service as well as quality of food.
The front office was excellent , while checkin and checkout.

Room Tip: For the ones looking at conducting meetings, the executive floor is a very good choice. Lots of amenities and facilities to conduct your meeting without stepping out of the property. Dont expect too much from the butler service though.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank navin n
CinnamonLakeside-PR, Manager at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo. Whilst we appreciate your words of praise about the hotel itself and front office, we would like to hear a more detailed account of your food & beverage experience whilst at the hotel.
If it is not too much trouble, please do write to us on the email address below. We look forward to hearing from you.

nadiyah@cinnamonhotels.com

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Visited colombo in May and decided to stay at Cinnamon Lakeside. I was pleased that I chose to stay there! The whole experience was perfect! Starting from check-in, all staff were very friendly and helpful. I stayed in one of their lake view rooms with a large terrace that was amazing. I was surprised that there were no mosquitoes outside! The view of the lake was beautiful with the light up floating restaurant.

Halfway during my stay I had to move rooms as a friend was joining me, the staff and the front office Manager Ronald David made it easy and hassle free! The professionalism together with the friendly and welcoming attitude made our stay memorable!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Smiley S

We are delighted to hear that you were happy with choosing Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo for your stay in Colombo. It is a pleasure to be able to make your stay more memorable and your acknowledgement is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

It is true that you may do your business in Colombo and relax at the hotel Cinnamon Lakeside. You may enjoy its staff excellent services, Srilanka's exotic nature, and eat the best food in the area. I would like to thank the staff Mahiosasa, Ahaumiya, Eunice of business center, Anu Anuradhi and other staff of reception, the French Chief Cook and other staff of the hotel for the hospitality and services provided during my last visits October /2011 and June/2012. The hotel is highly recommended especially for business purposes.

Room Tip: Sea side are more quite but Lake side were more convenient to me.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Efstathios V
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo both in October and June.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your review is greatly appreciated by our entire team and we look forward to your next visit, which we hope will be soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Wen to Colombo for a couple of days on a business trip and stayed at the cinnamon lakeside hotel...what a treat! The hotel is nice, big, clean, beautifully decorated, with a nice bar area and restaurant as well as impeccable service.

A great experience and definitively will stay there again next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Irving4x4
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to indulging you in true Cinnamon style during your next visit too.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel, myself, my wife and my 2 daughters. Our welcome was good. Check in was fast. During booking I requested a suite or inter-connecting rooms but we were given 2 rooms rite next to each other which was okay for us. out of 2 rooms, 1 room was clean with twin beds and the other room smelled bad and had twin beds aswell. Next morning I complained to my booking agent and within seconds I get a call from Mr. Ronald David, truly a fantastic and very professional Front Office Manager. He looked into my complaint and informed me that our rooms will be changed once we are back from our city Tour. We arrived back from our city tour late night and as I approach the reception mentioning my room number, IroshI with a very warm and welcoming smile says that she has been waiting for us to arrive so that she could change our rooms. What surprised me is that our rooms were changed from regular twin beds to Excecutive floor with inter connecting rooms as we required. After our rooms were changed, room service staff comes with a fruit basket for both the rooms. During check out, next day, both Mr. Ronald David and Iroshi awaits us at the reception with 2 bags of goodies for my daughters.

I would like to Thank the entire staff of Cinnamon lake Hotel for such a great service and hospitality.My very special Thank you for Mr. Ronald David and Iroshi.

I will surely stay in this hotel again and would highly recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank DarkBeachBoy
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Thank you for the glowing recommendation of our hotel. We appreciate your patience and understanding about the room change and look forward eagerly to your next visit.