All reviews boutique hotel prince charles prime minister shanth fernando former residence sri lanka royal suite plunge pool ginger beer four poster bed spa ceylon cinnamon gardens our honeymoon the ground floor old colonial stayed longer small pool
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Beautiful hotel with stylish interiors and attentive staff. Lovely food in the restaurant and great breakfast taken in the courtyard. Good little gym with treadmill and cross trainer. Only downside was our room was on the ground floor which was a little noise near the restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs room
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sudeva W, Sales and Marketing at Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for reviewing Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your brief stay with us recently. Every aspect of the hotel has been designed with much thought and care to ensure our guests are treated to a unique experience.

We shall share your positive feedback about service and food with our team as we continuously strive to excel in our standards. Thank you for your great recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Tintagel Colombo - A hidden luxury in Colombo which we felt staying in our home.
The Colonial Building gives a great feeling while you enter and most of all we were treated with personalized services at all times.
First ever hotel who came to us to do the check in and thank you for making our honeymoon so romantic. The staff here receives a 7 star commendation for their etiquettes and training.
There was no couple massage, but me and my wife had a relaxing massage seperately taking turns each,
A must stay place for at least a night to experience extreme VIP service.

Room Tip: Superior Suite best for honeymooners
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo.

We truly appreciate your generous feedback about the design of the hotel. As mentioned each aspect of the hotel has been designed with much thought and care which makes it a unique property for our guests to experience.

We have noted your comments about our staff and service which is much appreciated as we strive to excel in our standards continuously. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your honeymoon in our hotel.

Thank you for your great recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Women, be warned.

My partner and I treated ourselves to this hotel on our last night. It is a beautiful hotel and the food is delicious, but our stay ended very unpleasantly.

I booked a massage (which was 3 times the price of other hotels) and only a man was available. Because it is an upmarket hotel, I expected him to be professional. Instead, he inappropriately touched me several times. It was degrading and humilating. I felt completely violated. I was in shock, so I told my partner when we were outside the hotel 20 minutes after it happened.

He went back and spoke to the manager called Indra Iddamalgoga. The Manager laughed it off, and said it was impossible because "he was a good employee."

I am horrified that he refuses to protect women at his hotel.

My partner refused to leave unless the manager opened an investigation, which he didn't want to do. We have heard nothing.

I couldn't even go back to the hotel after this happened - my partner had to collect our luggage for me. I went to the airport in tears.

I am writing this, because I don't want any woman or young female to go through what I did.

My Embassy is now conducting a proper investigation, because 'management' refuses to.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CELBAT88
Sudeva W, Sales and Marketing at Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for reviewing Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo.

We have well noted your comments about your recent experience in our hotel.

Your partner is aware about the fact that we have opened a full impartial investigation in all fairness to you and to our therapist who has received raving reviews from our guests. We can assure you that our team is always committed to ensure that our guests are treated to a unique experience given the popularity and prestige we hold while attracting extremely high profile guests, be it a foreign dignitary or international celebrity.

Besides all this time we never received a formal complaint from you with regard to this situation (apart from this TripAdvisor review) and we only know what your partner communicated to us.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

An intimate and luxurious hotel situated in a charming part of Colombo. Beautifully decorated, while in keeping with the historic building.

Staff were helpful and friendly. Small pool was a welcome respite. Disappointed not to have been warned the night before about the mosquito fogging and would have appreciated more choice for breakfast, such as a Sri Lankan option.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sudeva W, Sales and Marketing at Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for reviewing Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Every aspect of the hotel has been designed with much thought and care to ensure our guests are treated to a unique experience. We appreciate your comments about our staff as we strive to excel in our standards. We have also noted your comments about the mosquito fogging and we shall further investigate to ensure that similar situations are prevented.

Our breakfast menu does include Sri Lankan options which needs to be pre-ordered the day before since it takes a longer time to prepare. This information is mentioned in our in-room information folder and we inform all our guests upon arrival as well.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stunning colonial building with glamorous history. Beautiful artwork throughout the property. First class service and yummy breakfasts! Very impressive and in a lovely area of Colombo. Great concierge and warm friendly staff in general. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your brief stay with us recently. The hotel is located quite centrally with easy access to most important venues in Colombo.

Thank you for your great recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.