“Fairly cheap and my experience was good, but they aren’t reliable”
Review of PickMe Taxi

PickMe Taxi
Ranked #41 of 50 Transportation in Colombo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Available 24/7. Transportation available across the whole island Drivers with many language speaking skills Travel Insurance covered Safest and most reliable mode of transport in Sri Lanka
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was booked for me by my host, the car arrived on time and the friendly driver (with not a lot of English) took me to my destination without a problem. Great!

When I wanted to come back again (from Weligama to Colombo) it was a different story. They said they had no cars in the area and would get back to me. Time passed and they didn’t. In the end I booked on Taxigo (who are cheaper and with English speaking drivers) with no problem at all. Pickme are OK when you can get a cab but just not reliable.

All reviews
"safety"
"country"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service must be improved, there should be a way for customer can complain directly to company. Several times I faced challenges with rude drivers and drivers who doesn't know good manners. But when I wanted to complain they asking me to send a email. That's unbelievable. Company have all my details and the drivers details. Why should I send email ?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I got overcharged by PickMe. The driver cheated me by letting the meter run from 1am at the airport where I was dropped off with 1600 LKR until morning to get a higher amount of money. He doubled it! Who would take more than 5 hours from Colombo to the airport at night? More than 2 weeks has passed, PickMe is irresponsible by asking me to wait without any further updates. Until now, it still fails to find the culprit. Everyone please beware. Credit card fraud is really common, even with a big company. Especially with PickMe, its support team and customer service call centre are filled with indifferent and incompetent staff having insufficient capability to solve this little issue.

2  Thank jjjjojo
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Made a pre-booking two days in advance of my travels for a van on a $60 booking. Booking was accepted, they advised they'd advise of driver 30 mins before they were due to arrive. Instead, nobody shows and upon me calling them to check they tell me they don't provide a service in the south of the country. Very poor service - why not cancel my booking, why wait until the very end for me to call and tell me there was no driver? Pretty poor form

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I use pickme on a regular basis. This service was great when they started a few years back. Even though they didn't have many tuks around those days, the drivers were really good. The problem now is that the drivers ask you for the drop off location. If the trip distance is small they don't come and if we demand not to say the drop off location, then again they don't come. And they ask us to cancel the trip. This has happened to me a lot of times. My house is 750m from Malabe town and it is nearly impossible to get a pickme to go to Thalahena which is 2km from my house even though the app show so many tuk drivers in Malabe. When it is an emergency, there is no other option than to cancel the trip and book another when the don't come. Sometimes, these tuks say they are coming but goes on different routes. I'm guessing when the accept a ride, and is on the way, if they get a roadside passenger, they take them instead because they earn more from that. This isn't just one case. This happens most of the time now. So please do something about it.

1  Thank Dhothaka