3 people are viewing this hotel
$225
Travelocity$244
Priceline$244
Trip.com$244
All reviews margalla hills the executive lounge breakfast buffet is the ground floor business trip nadia security pakistan gym internet services conference checks
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2021

A lovely clean, comfortable and cosy hotel.

Was impressed with the service and the helpfulness of the staff. The ladies at the reception (in particular Imrana and Bisma); the gentlemen at Nadia’s (Ali and Asad) and the Executive Lounge stood out.

The rooms are a little small and if you are a big person like me you may find the bathroom a little difficult to move around in. If your finances allow you to, do consider staying in the Junior Suite. There are smoking rooms as well. At the moment all the Marriot restaurants are operating out of one open enclosure and the menu is limited. The price of food is pretty steep.

Room tip: Stay in the Junior Suite
Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank osial2018
amina jaffri, Marketing at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. It is comments such as yours that motivate all of us to consistently provide an exemplary service to all our guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Islamabad Marriott Hotel.

Reviewed 26 December 2020 via mobile

The place was presented a nice, clean look on arrival. The check in was efficient and we were provided an upgrade at request. The room it self felt a bit dated. The bed was solid and provided comfortable sleep. The AC unit was a cluster f at its best. The temperature stayed at 25 even though we constantly attempted to change it. Outside of that a pleasant experience. Breakfast spread was amazing and always full. However more precautions could have been taken due to current covid environment. 4/5 will stay again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jama T

Reviewed 12 December 2020

My son and I were in Islamabad for a junior sports event and we chose to stay at the Marriott. We were traveling with two other father/son teams.
I am of South Asian descent but my other two friends are American and British.

My experience was very different when it came to getting the right room allocated. I had specifically mentioned that I didn't want a smoking room but I was told that there was nothing available if I wanted a double bed. I was asked to check back in 2-3 days and I got the same answer. However, my other two friends who are not of South Asian descent were given the rooms of their choice and they were even upgraded to executive suites. The hallways stink of smoke and this is something that the hotel need to take care of.

The staff at the breakfast and the cleaning crew are amazing. Breakfast spread is really good. The Sunday brunch is a must have. The restaurants on site are pretty good and there's a wide variety.

The worshiping of western guests at the expense of South Asian guests is rather disappointing though.

Room tip: Ask for non-smoking. I wish smoking and nonsmoking were on different floors.
Date of stay: November 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know you enjoyed the breakfast and our other dining outlets.
We apologize that a room of your preference was not allocated to you. We assure you that this is not the kind of experience that we wanted you to have at the Islamabad Marriott
As a five-star hotel, we pride ourselves on training our team to provide the very best service and customer experience.
Feedback like yours is extremely valuable in helping us to continually evaluate and enhance our guest experience.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to having you again, hopefully, restoring your faith in our hotel.

Best regards,
Islamabad Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 3 November 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days and I have to say Ali at reception and Nasir in the executive lounge were brilliant they both had a fab attitude and always spoke with a smile.

This hotel has two pools one which is outside and the inside pool is for females only, as well as a gym and steam room for females only.
It’s very refreshing to have that privacy.

My room had a lovely view of the Mountains and was very peaceful with no noise coming to the room from outside of the building.

The only negative about my room was there was a smell of tobacco and I did complain about it a couple of times.

Breakfast:
The negative about the overall stay was the breakfast area and how other guests were arriving for breakfast in their night wear both men and women and unfortunately that brings the hotels five star rating down to a 3.

The hotel should have a policy that no one can roam around with their nightwear.
It gives the hotel an unclean look.

I was on a four hour time difference but still managed to wake up shower change my clothes and look presentable before going down to breakfast.

Spa on site.
The hotel has a spa called Nirvana I would not recommend using the spa as the manager is very rude and not respectful of customers time.
Whilst I was having a spa mani and pedi she shouted out to the girls giving me my treatment why is the mani pedi taking so long?
I’m surprised as she didn’t take into account that I waited for over 40 mins for my treatment to commence.
Then i had booked my hair colour to be done and I had bought my own colour with me and I had to wait for over an hour as an emergency customer had arrived to be honest I really couldn’t careless as my time is important.
I didn’t get a single apology for wasting my time instead I got charged full whack even though I bought my own colour.
The staff doing the treatments are brilliant the manager is a rude rude lady.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank saidat2014
Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

It is a shame but Marriot might have standards but lacks compassion. Over crowded hotel. Security does not ensure social distancing. Last night I checked in. My suitcase was outside in a public area outside hotel. I had to tell three people to get it asap. There was a horde of people at the security line. The security woman was roughly spraying disinfectant on my leather handbag that is spoilt!!!! No social distancing was being maintained. People just shoving in, no masks on the wedding reception guests faces. How can you then put placards regarding social distance everywhere then???
Reception staff is only interested in the check out rather than being helpful and accomadating. Snobby attitude. Think that you are below their standards.
Except for one waiter and chef at egg station, rest of the staff in Nadia coffee shop has no smile nor are welcoming. Much to be desired. Do not apologise for not complying with requests properly when u clearly stated a fresh pot of coffee with milk on the side. Dump a coffee cup on my table. Then I Saud again and a kind waiter got it.
The doorman is polite. Housekeeping courteous.
The hard neck pillow is nit the proper one. It's sponge stuffed in a cover. Not an actual hard pillow. Kindly look into this.
Having been a part of hospitality for over 17 years plus, I am stunned at the behavior of the staff. They think their sister hotel is below their dignity.
The put my name wrongly on the booking. They are making it out that I should be grateful to them that they are lettig me stay till late. Well I did not want to be with you.Well hello! Your sister hotel sent me! Just because I am not a foreigner, you are treating me differently.
Very unhappy with the attitude of your reception staff. Teach them to be humble!!!
Social distancing not being practiced and fix the spelling of Practice on your stickers!!! Not standard
Marriot you let me them down.
Great facade but from inside its not the same!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hassan Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Islamabad Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Thank you for choosing Islamabad Marriott Hotel and providing your honest feedback. I am surprized to hear about your experience. I gather that your check-in was during weekend which is typically a busy time. We at Islamabad Marriott ensure that all guidelines are in-place; however enforcing regulations can be challenging as guests do not comply always. We try our best to educate them by placing placards thinking guests also hold some self-responsibility but it is disappointing for us too. In any case, I want to ensure that we are in strict compliance with government and Marriott Covid19 SOPs. Your safety is important therefore masks are mandatory for all associates, temperature is checked at all entry points, Plexiglas screens are installed where needed such as reception, housekeeping and F&B are required to wear gloves.

As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to prevent any service issues in future. I am keen to find if you had a chance to speak to a manager during your stay. If guests have concerns, we are responsible to resolve them. As a front office manager it is my responsibility to ensure guest experience is characteristic of Marriott Brand.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

I would love to speak to you in person or on phone to find out more about your stay – If you could share your contact details on the email: Hassan.khan@marriottislamabad.com, I would love to speak with you.

Hassan Khan