Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$95
Hotels.com$95
Priceline$85
Agoda.com$85
Travelocity$95
Orbitz.com$95
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2020 via mobile

I was there recently on business trip. Geberally had pleasant stay there in mid of winter in UB.
Hotel location next to emart and some restaurant around the area.

In general, hotel and the room itself a bit outdated. Wifi connection fast. Staff are friendly and helpful, speak a good english, korean and i assume russian as well. They really helpful for taxi arrangement and making restaurant reservation.

Hotel room was, a bit outdated, but cozy, warm enough, as outside temp was -28, the only downside is that hot water was not working one time..

Breakfast.... is a big disappointment, firstly, room is changing during my stay and both were considerably small, not so many options and NO STAFF around that time, while there was one egg station.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Purevpuntsag Ochirbat, Owner at Chinggis Khaan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2022

Dear guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Chinggis Khaan Hotel, Mongolia.

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay.
And our deepest apology for the inconvenience at our breakfast.

Pepe Ochirbat | Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2019

From what I was told it’s one of the oldest hotels in UB. Reception check in & out all worked fine. Although all was well maintained and worked fine, the rooms are at a certain age and refurbishment would definitely help. Breakfast area is simple but OK. All in all good value for money

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Puntsag, Director of Sales at Chinggis Khaan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2019

Dear Thomas_0608

Thank you for staying at Chinggis Khaan Hotel and sharing you have experienced

First of all, I apologize for our accommodation, our hotel is renovation process with step by step. We'd love to host you again at our new accommodation, and we will improve the bar service so that no menu can be served.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Pepe
Director of Marketing Sales

Reviewed 7 September 2019

I have just returned from a vacation trip to Mongolia. While in Ulan Bataar, I stayed at the Chingiss Khaan Hotel. The room, amenities, and helpful staff all made this a very pleasant place to stay. The breakfast, which was included in the room rate, was outstanding. So much so that I gained 3 lbs on this trip! The staff spoke good English which is essential for those of us who do not speak Mongolian which I assume is about 100% of all foreign tourists. My special thanks to Nara who arranged for me to stay an additional four hours beyond checkout time at no charge on the day of my departure. Also to Anu who translated a few passages in Old Mongol Script from a photo scenes booklet which I purchased to take home as a conversation piece. Good hotel and good people. I will certainly stay there again on any future trips to Mongolia.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Roam19997

Dear Roam19997

Greetings from Chinggis khaan hotel.

First of all, I am grateful for your stay at our Chinggis khaan hotel and would like to thank you for your very kind and thoughtful review.

It is a great pleasure to know that you were satisfied with our hotel especially regarding our staff.
Moreover, we will strive to our best to make your next stay much more satisfactory by providing the most comfortable and exceptional services.

Sincerely

Pepe
Director of Marketing Sales

Reviewed 29 August 2019

Hotel itself is average but location is good if you're passing through Ulaanbaatar. Not much to say about the hotel but the staff speaks English and is helpful to organize your taxi or a tour. This is a popular hotel for weddings and events which adds to the ambiance. Breakfast buffet serves standard fare is surprisingly decent.

WiFi is spotty depending on where you are but works in the lobby and rooms.

I would like to acknowledge the front desk woman Anu who assisted me with my delayed luggage via Air China and local travel plans. She's wonderful and works hard.

The Korean version of Walmart called eMart is next door and has everything you need from groceries, clothing, travel, toiletries so don't fret if you forgot something at home.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank jtlg
Reviewed 20 August 2019

First, the good parts. Staff is friendly, though checkin took longer than it should. The breakfast included with the room was excellent. I did laundry through the hotel. They did a great job at a very reasonable price

The bad parts.....

1. Both times I’ve checked into the hotel, I was given a room with broken AC, had to ask for a new room. Even with the new room, the temperature was still high

2. The shower heads in every room I occupied we’re old, needed to be replaced

3. Hot water was apparently in short supply. Some days the shower barely got warm

4. Bugs everywhere the first stay. Signs said they were beyond the hotels control, and not to open the windows (which of course you need to open if you got a room without a working AC)

5. Booked a tour with the front desk after reading none of their brochures. I think the person behind the desk actually had a friend drive us. Clearly it was their personal car, is bad shape, and didn’t take us on all the stops listed in the brochure. The driver spoke no English

Date of stay: August 2019