All reviews nice hotel small pool nice furniture walking distance to night market breakfast spread family hotel great wifi would definitely stay here again gym teak relaxation flooring kip toiletries
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

we liked the location of the hotel, close to best area for restaurants, coffees, clubs etc...
the staff is so kind and always ready to help and make your stay great.
few small but important things should be looked at:

coffee used in the machine is not coffee for espresso, cappuccino etc... which makes coffees for breakfast useless...

change the wooden signs to not bother opening the room, once placed on the door handle, you can't close the door.

the cement on parking lot in front is now gone in many places and became a hazard when people go out from cars putting their feet in holes.

otherwise, it's nice place and I will recommend it and will go back to it.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Coastal23996071766, Manager at Chanthapanya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2018

Dea Nourcha

Thank you for your valuable comment.

We appreciate your suggestions and already have changed the coffee at breakfast.

We are working on a solution for the other problems.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel

Chopchai

Phonekeo S.
Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Stayed at the Chanthapanya for two nights. The place is a peaceful, elegant property with neat rooms. The place has teak decor all over. The teak finish does give a slightly dark aura to the whole place which was elegant but I found a little off taste personally. But then thats a personal opinion.
Its located at a good location and the night market is within walking distance from the hotel. I did not eat except breakfast, but the breakfast was good too. Not a great amount of choice but whatever is available is good too.
The sleep quality is good with comfortable mattresses. The property has a decent sized swimming pool which is available for use complimentary. A gym too. The rack rate for the most basic room is around LAK 600000 which I thought was a little steep but then I had a company deal which means we got a good discount. Still, could be priced a little lower. Great wifi too.
All in all a decent place - I would recommend it, single, couple, family whatever

Room tip: Try and ask for room by the pool side.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisJ45
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Chanthapanya Hotel. The staff was very nice and extremely helpful. Breakfast buffet had a variety of items and was quite nice. I loved the pool so much and even received an upgraded room. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Close to airport and good location. Used airport pickup for 50,000 kip (USD$6.25) which is recommended. The room was clean but the air conditioner struggled as I arrived mid afternoon. The restaurant was open but empty so I had a nice meal delivered to my room.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank 510jeremy
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel has a great feel to the old Lao architecture and fabulous food around.
Service is not great because of poor english of the staff but they try really hard.
The pool is pretty nice and relaxing.

Date of stay: September 2017