“Very tranquil and incredible friendly staff”

Green Park Boutique Hotel
Ranked #8 of 97 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed every bit of our stay at this hotel - staff was very friendly and went the extra mile. I wanted to organise something special for my wife and the hotel help me a lot in advance, it was perfect. It is a small hideaway with special attention to the details. The pool and the garden are just perfect. A bit outside of the city but there are free shuttle buses available to go into the city centre. Breakfast is served on the second floor overlooking the neighbourhood, very rich buffet with high quality coffee! All what we needed!! Love to come back!

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank liechtc

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I always read the bad reviews before I book a hotel. This place has relatively few, but the same complaints kept coming up, so I was prepared to face outdated rooms, mosquitos, terrible English skills, and noise. None of that happened, maybe that's why I was so happy with Green Park. Another reason my stay was nice was because I travelled during low season. It is usually quite rainy around this time, so it was pretty empty, I almost never saw other guests. The fewer people, the better. ;-)

I was picked up in the hotel shuttle by a friendly, smiling guy, with my name printed on a sign at the airport as per my request. The ride to the hotel was quick. I was checked in easily and taken to my room with staff always carrying my bag. The front desk girl spoke quite good English.

The staff were really nice and friendly. Even the housekeeping ladies were so smiley and sweet. I got stuck in my dress with a dodgy zipper, I called and asked for "a lady to help me with something". I knew that was an awkward and weird request, but the girl from reception was there in moments and helped me get unzipped.

My room was really hot and the AC did not cool it down even after several hours, I called the front desk and they sent a guy, he banged around outside for a bit and it seemed to work, the room finally cooled down, though the AC might need some servicing, it certainly did not get as cold as I like but it was fine.

The room was really charming. I get why people say the place is a little dated. It is all a little bit old, but very clean, spacious, with a comfy, huge bed. The bathroom is lovely, the TV has plenty of English cable channels. There is not much that could be improved. It was perfect for what I wanted. I am a really terrible sleeper, in most hotels, I find I can hear everything through cheap walls and floors above me but here, I slept like a baby. I heard no outside or neighbour noises at all.

I did not have any problems with mosquitos and I am always the first person bitten (or any bugs, no roaches or spiders, just adorable geckos). At night the hotel staff light citronella lamps all around the fountain. There are lovely frogs noises and the atmosphere is beautiful. The pool is really nice as well, deep and refreshing.

I ordered some food and it was delicious. A panang chicken curry and some shrimp fried rice with a fresh watermelon juice. I never waited more than 20 minutes for room service. Another time I ordered the spaghetti bolognese and it was actually, surprisingly, amazing. The included breakfast is really good. It is a very small buffet but with everything you would want and all really high-quality food. The crepes were wonderful, the bread was wonderfully French, they had an egg station, amazing coffee, and all the usual hot foods.

The food, like the hotel, is pricey for Laos, but still reasonable. Some examples to give you an idea:

Spaghetti bolognese: 70,000 Kip (AUD$10.50, US$8.50, THB280, 7 Euros)
Club Sandwich: 80,000 Kip (AUD$12, US$9.60, THB320, 8 Euros)
Sweet and Sour Lao Fish: 60,000 Kip (AUD$9, US$7, THB240, 6 Euros)
Large bottle of Lao beer or a small Heineken: 25,000 Kip (AUD$3.70, US$3, THB100, 2.50 Euros)

There are shops and restaurants everywhere, so you can get your own drinks and food outside of the hotel as well.

The hotel does offer a shuttle each hour on the hour to "downtown". Vientiane is so small that this is just a slightly busier area with lots of cafes, and it is only about 5 minutes away. Also, there are a million tuk-tuks around at any given time, so don't worry about transportation or location. The tuk-tuk drivers sure do charge tourists a bit here, 50,000 Kip (US$6) is a lot for Asia, even more than Bangkok or Beijing, but I never felt like fighting or being mad because everyone is so nice and I could not be bothered putting myself in a bad mood. You can get one for 20,000 or 30,000 if you want to haggle a bit.

The rooms are about $100 a night it's a little pricey for Laos but it is really cheap for a luxury hotel and this place is fairly luxurious. Keep your expectations in check. Remember which country you are in, and enjoy the pretty, Laotian elements. If you are relaxed (as you should be in Vientiane) It is a fantastic place to stay with really nice people who leave you alone when you want to be left alone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2017

The hotel was set in a garden oasis and attracted plenty of frogs that were very active at night. The room was lovely and spacious with its own sitting area, desk and outside balcony.
The bathroom looked nice with its outdoor garden however the shower was over the bath and required an amount of gymnast skills to get in and out of.
Breakfast was comprehensive with a good omelette from the egg station.
We had cocktails and a snack both nights we stayed. We were the only ones at the bar so I think the staff actually appreciated having customers to look after.
The shuttle was convenient to get to town and the night markets but it poured rain so we didn't stay long and caught the next shuttle back to the hotel.
The Cope museum was right opposite the hotel making it very easy to visit as it was on my to do list.
We were only at Green Park Boutique 2 nights and was disappointed not being able to enjoy a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Loved this hotel. Big rooms, great pool, fantastic staff and generally great place to stay.

Great coffee and breakfast and beautiful pool. Very few mosquitoes, in fact we didn't use the nets for two nights in the rainy season. Very helpful staff, sadly the bar and restaurant were under used. Laundry service great and loved the "bathroom garden". Struggled to get some new bulbs but that was the only minor fault. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommydeee
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

A good City hotel, in Walking distance to the City... or take a tuk tuk if you dont like Walking in the humid air.

Breakfast was good, a Lot of asian choices, and a bit if western cusine.
They serve the best coffee in the City.

Room Perfectly clean.
Very Green place and quite.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple