All reviews rooms are small no lift night market per night decent size flat screen tv mekong river place to stay within walking distance excellent location temple convenience cons
Reviewed 3 June 2016

This place was awesome and WAY better than similarly priced guesthouse rooms nearby. It was nice and classy and had a good little cafe. Our room was on the 5th floor, which was a little bit of a hike since there were no elevators, but it was fine. The hotel is in the middle of everything, close to the river and surrounded by restaurants.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank greatdane88
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

First off, the prices in Vientiane for decent lodging is ridiculous. But, booking through Agoda for this hotel worked out great and discounts the rooms by several USD off the walk-in rate.
We booked the Superior room, a gorgeous 5th floor corner suite with a great view. It was well furnished and stocked with proper amenities. Yes, there's no elevator but you probably could use the exercise. Excellent location between 3-4 temples and the river/night market. Plenty of good restaurants around, both affordable and premium.
The TV had very poor reception though, which was weird. The WiFi was also pretty inconsistent; whenever I would ask the staff, it would be working for them but for us, it worked sometimes and not other times. Which is a pity, because the cafe/restaurant on the first floor is quaint and has a great amosphere (and A/C!). The breakfast was lacklustre and one day, I had to remind them two separate times to bring the included fruit plate and my beverage. One of the front desk staff was very kind and helpful with map directions when we asked.
However, be careful of the manager, who tried to place us in a Deluxe room instead and tried to claim it was Superior when we called him out. Luckily we had dropped in the day before and had asked to see a deluxe, otherwise we wouldn't have known. Also, apparently you have to turn your key in and specifically ask them to clean your room, otherwise they won't clean it, which seemed simply lazy for a hotel that seems so premium otherwise. Finally, if you're looking to book a bus out of Vientiane, it's much cheaper to book at the shop directly across the street.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barilee T
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel is very comfortable. Has good wifi, English tv, good air con, comfy bed, balcony, and great bathroom. Price may have gone up a bit over the years but so has many of the rooms around the same area. If you want a nice, decent sleep, book a night!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Reading the reviews here I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when arriving. For the price it seems unbeatable. Has a new and nice cozy lobby they looks new and the rooms are clean, in fact bathroom in my room looks like it's fairly new as well. I stayed at the standard room. Yes, rooms are small but what do you expect at that price? If your on a budget, this is a good place to stay, good value, clean and staff were very friendly to me.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2016

I stayed in this place for two nights during my Thai visa run. I walked in and booked this hotel shortly after arriving to Vientiane, as it was already late.
The first night I had to stay in the more expensive "superior room" at 950 baht as all the other rooms were full, and the second night I moved into the cheaper "standard room" costing around 770.
The location is good as it is within walking distance of lots of restaurants and markets, and pretty close to the Thai Consulate if you are going for your visa run.
In terms of cleanness, both rooms were average at best. The superior room was bigger than the standard, however both rooms were rather small. The air conditioning units need servicing or replacing as I ran my A/C on full 24/7 and it barely kept the room cool.

Unlike a lot of the other reviews, I did find the people at the front desk to be pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo