All reviews free soft drinks night market silk scarf the river lovely boutique swimming pool quiet side street french cuisine nice pool mini bar excellent location charming hotel balcony overlooking small things luang prabang welcome drink spent nights
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in Vientiane and although you couldn’t fault the cleanliness of this hotel, the room we had seemed quite dated. The shower was over the bath and we seemed to flood the bathroom each time we used the shower. The pool there is fabulous although more attention could be given to make sure there were towels available and to clear away glasses/plates ... our glasses from the afternoon were still there the day after! The staff were all very friendly but we struggled at times with making them understand as the majority had poor English. However the location is great with a 1 minute walk to the Mekong/night market. I would go back but hopefully after the rooms had been updated a bit more.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2018

The beds were comfy, staff were helpfull and friendly and the night market was just at the end of the road. Breakfast had plenty on offer, I tried the local soup and really enjoyed it. The pool was great to relax in, and plenty of restaurants close by for dining out.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Unfortunately we were unwell with colds for our 3 night stay here, so spent a lot of time in our room. Beds were comfy and the aircon was great. The bathroom had a rainfall shower head - pressure just ok. We were on the first floor of a block where they were renovating a downstairs room which was quite noisy during the day. Usually wouldnt matter a bit, but being unwell we were resting a lot so it was disturbing. The pool looked nice and didnt seem to have restricted hours which is good. Breakfast was great, very tasty - eggs and soup to order. Just at the end of the street is the night market - lots of eating options around the corner, great location. The staff were very helpful. Great place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krieg13
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The Ansara was recommended to me by friends who had used it and I am so very glad that I took up their recommendation. As soon as you arrive you know you are somewhere special and that feeling stays with you the whole time you are there.
It’s a wonderful atmosphere with staff being exactly where you need them without being all over you.
I love the desk in the room and the small table on the balcony as well as a small table in the courtyard - it gave choices for that inevitable work business. I’ll love it !

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kroybazza
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I stayed here in Vientiane May 2018. The rooms are well done. The grounds are pleasant and the atmosphere is laid back....pretty much like Vientiane itself. Food options seemed limited in the area, but there is a walking area "sort of" along the river. All in all, I did a lot of research into finding this hotel and was very happy that I stayed there.

Date of stay: May 2018