Review Highlights
Looks good

Recently opened, this mosque is based on the Hagia Sofia in Istanbul - only it looks better. We... read more

Reviewed 3 November 2018
Davancar
Keighley, United Kingdom
Bishkek main mosque

I would not say the mosque is located centrally and but not too far from it. It is located in a... read more

Reviewed 7 September 2018
Firoz U

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2016

This mosque is located on Gogol street in Bishkek. Average size with large compound. Easy access from the main road.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 17 February 2016

I have walked by the mosque a few times and I hear the call to pray. It's interesting and many people go to the mosque. For tourists I think there is nothing to see.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 12 October 2015

It is one of the biggest mosques in town and one of the most popular ones. If you would like to visit a mosque I would recommend this one. One thing though: if you are a woman you are expected to cover your head and to wear something long or trousers. As a local I was scold for wearing shorts and not covering my hear even though I was just walking nearby and was not intending to enter the mosque.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 10 August 2015

I don't know how to review a place of worship. It is an old place. the doors look like pieces of art. the layout is not authentic. The toilets are ok. Do not, i repeat do not miss the little restaurant next to this mosque. It has the most delicious food in bishkek. You need to try. fresh and authentic food. People are super welcoming and they treated us like kings. Two menus were worth two coffees at sierra. That's how cheap this place is.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank thenewstateman
Reviewed 11 May 2015

In this, mosque, I liked the the toilet and shower, there is no problem with hot water.
Very beautiful interior. Entrence is free for only priers. For other (not muslims) forbidden.

Date of experience: March 2015