“Barely a 4 star”

Sadu
Ranked #134 of 1,007 Restaurants in Astana
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 February 2016

I eat at this place when I visit Keruen for a movie, the main drawback of this place is the inconsistent level of the service and cuisine. Definitely not the best place for quality/price value, but it's outweighed by location. Nice to sit on the terrasse during the summer.

1  Thank Abe A

Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

If you look for a quiet place for lunch, this is a good option. In summer there is a litlle terasse outside. I like to eat sushi here. Make sure you have a longer break because to be served takes quite long and dishes for more people do not come at the same moment.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

A wonderful restaurant with a great ambience. The food is reliable albeit on the expensive side. That being said, it is a great place to meet up with friends and chat the afternoon (or evening) away.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

When I was told I had to makr a return trip to Astana in December I was pleased because I would get to come back to Sadu. It did not disappoint.
Staff are friendly without overstepping the mark. They did not freak when I was a solo diner or when I took off my hat to reveal post chemo hair do. Felt valued and comfortable.
The food was amazing. Broccoli soup with prawns and mussels delish. The veal with mushrooms toi big to finish. Loved it thanks again!!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Sadu is an upscale restaurant located on the first floor near the main entrance of the Keruen shopping mall in Astana, Kazakhstan. I don't know what connection it has with the Sadu shop on the second floor or the Sadu coffee shop just off the food court on the third floor.

Keruen is located near where I work in Astana; so, it was a convenient place to go one night after I had finished teaching the last class of the day. I had walked by Sadu several times when I've walked through the mall, but this time I decided to try it out. I'm glad I did. The atmosphere was nice, the staff was friendly (if perhaps a bit slow) and there the menu had a decent range of selections.

As horse is a national Kazakh food, I decided to try the horse steak with rice (a mix of white and wild) and spinach (something I don't see much of here) on the side. Once the kitchen crew finally got the order right (they first sent out a beef steak), I wasn't disappointed. The horse steak was great!

Don't expect the wait staff to come up to your table every five minutes asking you how your meal is or if you want anything else (I can't imagine why people would want the wait staff to bother them every five or ten minutes like they do in American restaurants). I was pleasantly surprised to have been left alone to enjoy my meal.

1  Thank ChanRoberts