“Best bus ride from asia!”

Giant Ibis Transport
Ranked #11 of 72 Transportation in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ive been travelling for >3 months in asia and this was by far my best bus ! Comfortable seats, clear explanation, nice gesture you get a (delicious ) croissant and bottle of water upon departure.
took the bus from phnom penh to siem reap and from siem reap to bangkok and both times it was a flawless operation. I must say I was very impressed as most bus companies I encountered (in thailand / vietnam ) are very rude and customer unfriendly. Keep up the good work giant ibis!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"free water"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We used Giant Ibis for our trip from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh. I was worried but it was actually pretty easy cause the conductor from Giant Ibis was super helpful. He explained everything right after boarding and he let us fill out the immigration card. He then collected our passports, which he kept until we got to the Vietnamese boarders. For people who are from ASEAN countries, there's no need for a visa. But if you need a visa, you need to get it beforehand or do visa on arrival. You can give the payment to the conductor as well and he'll take care of it. You still need to go to the IO personally though before he stamps your passport. It was a breeze though and there's nothing to be nervous about. Just book through Giant Ibis.

We also used Giant Ibis for our trip from Phnom Penh to Sieam Reap. Upon arriving at the Giant Ibis office, we left our bags there and roamed around the area for a bit. We just went back 30 minutes before our departure time. They were already boarding when we got there. So we just took our bags, settled in our double bed on the bus (my first time on a double bed in a sleeper bus!) and slept as soon as the bus moved. Hahahaha. I woke up when we were already in Siem Reap. I totally recommend Giant Ibis for easy travelling in Cambodia.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great service from SR to PP. Caught the 9.45am bus and was in PP by 4.30pm. The bus was a wee bit dirty and you change buses at the half way point where you have lunch but it is still a great service.

Great that you can book your seat online and that they actually make you sit in the seat you have chosen.

1  Thank StevenT3184
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Took a smaller bus from PP to Kampot. It was nicer than other transportation we took in country, however my wife and I caught air off our seats a few times in the back.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Having lived in Phnom Penh for nearly 4 years I have done numerous bus trips to Ho Chi Minh City, Sihanovoukville and Seim Reap I would not use anybody else (yes I have tried the others but keep coming back).
The features I like are ability to book online with seat selection, free hotel pickup in Phnom Penh. Good quality(nearly new) buses. Overnight buses have 2 drivers to share the load.
GPS controlled to stop drivers speeding, onboard free wifi and power points(for charging phones etc).

Very professional and very worth the price. (not much more than the cheapest options.