“A good italian close to the river”
Review of La Volpaia

La Volpaia
Ranked #462 of 1,716 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I was walking in and decided to eat there.I was welcoming by Soriya, with her charming smile,who she recommended me a good italian wine: Nero d' avola,Zabu,Sicily.Luigi, the chef, served me a burrata with tomatoes and salad, very delicious, follow to a fantastic tagliatelle verdi with "coda di bue" and finish with one of the best tiramisú,that I ate.A place to enjoy an evening without any glamour,surrounded by a service staff, impeccably guided by Soriya.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Been here to La Volpaia at least five times this year and have to say they consistently impress me with their fine Italian food. First off, it's got a very charming and welcoming atmosphere with one of the very few open-air kitchens I've seen in town. I've enjoyed several pizzas (mushroom and prosciutto being my favourite), numerous pastas (I love the sepia!) and even a calzone over my visits.

The proprietors, though not Italian, manage to pull off impressive feats to eat. Great, inexpensive wine selection to boot (or bottle).

Mangare!

gigiolik, Direttore generale at La Volpaia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you very much for coming. It's always a pleasure.For information we'il have new delicious menu started next week. All Volpaia's team wish you a very good day.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I cannot fathom why this place doesn't have 5 stars across the board, I can only imagine it's had a slight revamp since the mediocre reviews last year!

We came tonight to say a huge thank you to the owner for a different reason, and of course sat down for a three course supper which was SUBLIME. The service was spot on and the food was out of this world. I had the squid ink spaghetti and my boyfriend had a chef special of tagliatelle verde with oxtail, that coupled with two incredible starters made for one of the most enjoyable evenings we've ever had on holiday. The wine list is fantastic and the free tiramisu at the end of our meal meant we could barley walk out of the place! Leon and his wife have done a superb job with Volpaia and we look forward to our next visit here! Fiona and Johnny (too many bags for a motorbike!)

gigiolik, Direttore generale at La Volpaia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Customer,it was a pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you soon.
Best Regards
Luigi Girardin

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Romantic vintage atmosphere with soft lighting. Tables are covered in white cloth giving a fine dining appeal yet very affordable. They have a decent selection of popular wines. The service is efficient and the staff are friendly. I ordered a pepperoni pizza and it was perfect-the aroma, the taste, the presentation... I like this place.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

We went for lunch a group of 3 people. We all order a pizza pies each. This is the results: 3 pizzas down. It is one of the top 4 pizza places in Phnom Penh. The restaurant is elegant and very clean. A lot of staffing for cooking and serving. Great food, and great value.