“Better than the rest-o....”

Besto Restaurant and Mart
Ranked #37 of 1,481 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Besto is the vegetarian's paradise, offering authentic Indian, Khmer & Western cuisines. An idea place for "Vegans" & "Jain". The town's best Pani Puri & Ice Cream is available with a fresh fruit bar.
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Literally one of our favorite date night spots. We often come in and name our price and spicy level and have the owner surprise us! The owner is incredibly friendly and will easily walk you through the menu if your new to the scene. The restaurant is attached to a corner store that's not in the best condition and the back of the store is home to some turtles but don't let it throw you off! Truly better than the rest!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Sorry to tell you, but you're a shame for Indian food.

You order butter naan and cheese paratha... it's just like poor quality bread (both the same), taste powder or not cooked flour.

The worst indian I tasted and I'm use to eat this cuisine.

1  Thank Nicolas L
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Probably the best vegetarian restaurant in Phnom Penh.
Food was absolutely delicious and the best Indian Food I have ever eaten.
I ordered a mixed platter for entre thinking that it would be a taster, but it was an extensive sharing platter. The flavours were amazing and I enjoyed the different tastes and textures.
This is a family owned restaurant. The owner took the time to explain the dishes and how to eat them.
Highly recommended, not only for delicious vegetarian food, but also excellent service and value for money. I would go back again, and again.

The only negatives are that it is located in a slightly seedy street, and the décor is a bit tired.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Do not be put off by the location in a service street, or by the exterior appearance where the restaurant is at the side of the shop.

If you make the effort you are in for a vegetarian meal that will knock your socks off. I can not recall a meal I have enjoyed as much for a long time. The selection was amazing the servings were huge, the tastes were varied and superb. We ended up with so many plates of different things on the table and we were only limited by our capacity. If I had found this restaurant on our first night, rather than our last I might never have eaten any where else during this trip.

And while I rave about the food, I also need to give a huge thank you to the owners too. They took the time to explain what the food was and more importantly on how best to eat it. They also came over to check if things were OK and were happy to answer questions.

This is a family owned restaurant who love food and obviously love sharing it with the diners. I so wish they could do takeaway delivery to New Zealand!!!

So do I recommend this restaurant? Yes it is the Besto!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

This restaurant was brought to my attention by a couple of Indian work colleagues. Although there is an extensive menu that provides Indian and western vegetarian food, I've only eaten their Indian food, which reminds me of the food I grew up eating. I also love how their coconuts contain a massive quantity of liquid inside for a very modest price of $1.25 (when most restaurants charge approximately $3 and don't offer anything near the same amount of liquid). It's great value for money and every time I've eaten there, I've seen tourists and non-Indians also eating there.

My only criticisms are that the extensive desserts offered are not always available as some of them require 24 hours notice, and the owners could offer better deals and service to repeat customers. Regarding the latter, it may be the case that they run on a tight profit margin, so they struggle to offer better deals. However, with the service, they're not great with offering change in USD (despite paying in USD). So, requiring a small amount of change, if any, is better.