“Consistently good food and super friendly service!”
Review of Lone Pine Cafe

Lone Pine Cafe
Ranked #48 of 1,670 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Just the place to go when i need a real meal of familiar food. The burgers are my usual choice, but ive recently become hooked on the grilled shrimp. It's great with the salad or a heartier dish with rice. I love the margarita but they have an impressive selection of whiskey and bourbon as well. Say hi to Will when you go, and take your friends! It's great to see a place that stays around for the long term...

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We had the Philly Cheese steak and a pulled pork sandwich and both were really delicious. They also have a pale ale on tap which was really good. Didn't try the burgers but the people around us had them and they also looked quite good. If you feel like taking a break from Cambodian/Asian food, this is tour chance!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Went here a while ago. Sat outside.

Nice avenue off the main roundabout and a great little place. They have an indoor air-conditioned area too but on this occasion, we were outside because it was a cool day.

The owner (apologies, can't remember your name) went through an amazing different variation of sauces, cuts of beef, and more.

Clearly passionate about what he does. Serves personally and makes sure everything is to your liking. Great place.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Lone Pine Cafe is one of my weekly stops.

1) The food - high quality, consistency, worth the price.

a) For sandwiches, the LAFITE'S (CAJUN PO BOY) with, blackend chicken, bacon, cheddar on a fresh baguette is one of my favorites. Be sure to ask for a side of the bbq sauce. BTW, there bbq sauce is the best I've had anywhere, even compared to all of the restaurants back in the states.

b) The PASTRAMI SWISS RYE, PHILLY CHEESE STEAK and the FRENCH DIP with AU JUS are also favorites and some of the best, anywhere.

c) First time I ever had gumbo was here and it is a very good change of pace from all of the burgers and sandwiches.

2) The service is great. I've never had any bad service from this restaurant. It's a reflection of the owner's passion for his customers.

3) OK, the bathroom needs some work (just as many other restaurants do), but hey, I'm not going there for the bathroom.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Lone Pine has been a local staple for me since I stumbled upon it on a dark, lonely, road just behind Wat Lanka. I know everyone raves about the burgers and with the selection they offer I can understand why, it is my go to place for one when I have the craving. For me however, what makes Lone Pine stand out is there other offerings.

The ribs are thick and more like a crown-roast, meaty, almost bone free, and smothered in a spicy BBQ sauce. The coleslaw is crunchy and not drowing in sauce and the cheesy smashed potatoes (my preference over the fries) are really quite awesome.

A few of my other faves are the bowl of gumbo, chil and smashed potatoes, and either of the two italian sausage offerings (the italian sausage is made by special recipe and full of flavour without being full of fat).

When I'm craving something "lighter" I opt for the giant salad. LOL. I love food and eat a lot of it and their Cobb, BooZoo and Guido salads are fantastically filling. The vinaigrette dressing is the best of the lot in my opinion.

For drinks I usually enjoy the margarita special (2 strong drinks for just $5) or one of the imported bottles they have. My new favourite is the Day of the Dead Blonde. Full flavoured but light and a perfect compliment to the food.

Whether you're looking for the perfect burger or just a taste of homestyle American food, you really can't find better than here. Keep the awesomeness coming!