All reviews pool table good vibes tuk tuk killing fields stayed here for nights great place to stay air conditioning the river siem reap backpackers pharmacy market palace
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Our doom was up many many flights stairs so was a constant struggle everyday to get up them. The place was very unclean and felt constantly sticky. Good location and we where happy when we were there. Not a great common room/ some where to socialise with other backpackers and wifi was awful in rooms but ok in lobby.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

The hostel is conveniently located near the Mekong River in a busy area.
The dorms are very basic with no A/C but individual fans. Considering the low cost the bathrooms and cleanliness was acceptable (except almost no shower pressure).
The common area/restaurant is large with a pool table - on a good day you may be able to meet some like minded people. Staff are very keen to sell food and drink, and as long as you buy, they are fairly friendly.
Clearly this hostel profits largely from their restaurant and bookings, and thus you feel pressured to accept these offers.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Stayed here for two nights in a four bed room and that worked just fine. I probably wouldn't stay here for more than that. The bathroom was small and the shower was just in the same room, so the floor got soaked and the toiletpaper got damped. The a/c was good and the internet is fast. The staff is helpful enough. The beddsheets don't really seem so clean. But it is ok for a one or two night stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

The staff were very friendly to us and very helpful with booking things. The atmosphere downstairs was okay (better if you enjoy smoking) food was okay.

The rooms were very small, there was practically no where to put your things, only lockers were the ones downstairs.
The air con was none existent, my bed was directly under it and I still woke up sweating.

I wouldn't recommend any longer than 2 nights in this place. There's not that much you actually do in the city. It's a simple cheap hostel and you get what you pay for.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Well, this is a good hostel if you want to chill. But the staff and owner were taking way too many liberties. Trust me, I don't really mind people being forward, but they ended up being a bit rude at some points. I stayed there in total four times, and they got more and more and more rude. I told them when I had enough with them taking money for literally nothing. So i just quitted eating there and went other places. Too bad for them, because they would actually received more money if they just were a bit more nice and didn't try to rip me off. But if you know about MJ and want to chill out, this is a good place (you know what I mean, right? My best advice would be to stay here, but don't ever order food. They will charge you way too much.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo