Review Highlights
Lap of Cambodia

Tony here from NZ. This was an absolutely awesome look at Cambodia wrapped up in great dirtbike... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Tony T
South African Cape Crusader Oct 18 & Himalayan Heights Jul 17

Could not recommend Ride Expeditions more highly! I have now completed the South African Cape... read more

Reviewed 8 November 2018
Daniel S
Dubbo, Australia

All reviews off road dirt bike real cambodia whole hog these guys support team mountain explorer water crossings mechanical issues royal enfield awesome trip an adventure siem reap amazing country whole process great company tour bus
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Wow, it's very difficult to put into words the experience that we had on the charity tour with Ride Expeditions. To be able to see how the people lived throughout this amazing country was an honour. There really wouldn't be a better way to see Cambodia - the real Cambodia.
We did a lot of research into choosing a dirtbike tour in Asia before we decided to use Ride Expeditions. And we weren't disappointed. Toby, Anna, Sopal and Tia are a very professional team who had everything organised down to the finest details. We felt so comfortable in their hands from the start. A great team in who we thoroughly enjoyed their company with many laughs and fun. And it was fantastic to be a part of the charity ride where 100% of the profit goes to M'Lop Tapang. A very wonderful thing that Toby and Anna can do for this charity organisation.
The fleet of bikes we used never missed a beat, quite impressive given the terrain we rode over every day!
Thank you so much the Ride Expeditions team for giving us the experience of a lifetime - its not just a bike tour!
We look forward to doing another tour with you guys in the future - the hardest choice will be - which country?....

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank Tams75
RideExpeditions2011, Owner at Ride Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Thanks for taking the time to review us Tamsin. It was lovely to meet you and I know the whole team really enjoyed having you all on their ride. The charity ride is always a good laugh and it was great to have such a nice group of riders out. Glad you enjoyed yourself so much! See you in Aus sometime, Anna &Toby

Reviewed 19 April 2016

From the moment I was met at the airport till the time the tour finished I was looked after by Anna and Toby.The ride was extremely challenging ,having not ridden for 30 years but I was able to complete all facets of this great journey around Cambodia. This was the best way to see this beautiful land and the people were sensational.The homestays were a highlight,incredible insight to the way Cambodians live their lives, did I mention the bikes?fantastic XR250s, thanks for the best journey I wont forget in a hurry, Tipping Ill be back......soon

Date of experience: April 2016

Thank you kindly for your lovely review. We love having such enthusiastic riders and hearing your feedback is great. So glad you enjoyed yourslef and hope to see you again!
Anna and the team

Reviewed 20 March 2016

They sent a tuk-tuk for in the morning at eight, I signed the forms, paid the 80 USD and then got geared up. The gear they had was well worn but worked. The bike, since I didn’t pay any extra was a not brand new Honda XR250, again well worn but maintained and worked just fine for me. No instruments or blinkers to confuse you either.

For the tour it was just me and a local guide. To get out of town you had to ride a little ways on the tarmac. Once we got off the tarmac the traffic got quieter but as we got to smaller and smaller trails it was amazing to see that others were using them for not just fun riding but to transport stuff. We were on enduro bikes but people we came across were on bicycles and scooters having a harder time.

The trails and roads alternated between two car wide backcountry road and tight, but not too demanding single track in the jungle. Most parts were easy fun riding with not much elevation changes and hard packed terrain. There were two longer soft deep sand sections that wore me out more as I haven’t ridden in sand that much. Towards the second sand section I almost fell and decided to take a break. In addition to this there were two longer stops, first to drink (complimentary drinks) and a second stop at a temple ruin.

The weather was getting hotter towards the end before noon but we kept the pace up so it didn’t get too unbearable at any point. If the riding had been slower, more single track oriented it could have been too much for me, even half a day. Now it was just nice. We got back to the city without me falling once so all in all a successful trip.

Date of experience: March 2016
2  Thank Leo L

Hello, thanks so much for taking the time to review us. You're right it was very hot the time of year you came to visit Cambodia so you did very well riding through sand when you are not used to the tempereatures. Well done on not falling off!
Cheers for now, Anna

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

I used Ride Cambodia at short notice, booking through my hotel, I am a road biker in UK but had never been off road. The Brit couple running the shop put me at ease and supplied me with good protective clothing, ie bottoms, top, elbow, knee, and body armor with good sidi boots. How much protection u opt for is up to you, but remember that a prolonged trip to a Cambodian hospital will be costly.

The day itself was really cool, and you end up riding anywhere. You stop whenever you like, and my guide was happy to take pics for me. The highlight was stopping at a broken down temple in the middle of nowhere...the two of us were the only people there..a rarity these days in Cambodia.

I felt comfortable with my guide, and he was happy to take my suggestions for route onboard. By mid day I was pretty tired (wearing full armor contributed to this) so I asked that we avoid the sandy stuff as it sapped my energy.

I was really happy with the day. And it provided an intro into some new biking skills. I would say however, that if you have no bike experience..I would really think twice about doing one of these days. When we stopped for lunch I watched as a newbie (using a different company, mind you) nearly launched his 250cc bike into a market stall as he attempted to pull away, whilst giving it full throttle (he said he had been given one hours lesson prior to seeing off). Lucky for him, my guide read the situation and ran over to him to turn the bike off...it was a very close call.

That said, it was a really good day, and I would recommend Ride Cambodia....a longer bike trip in Asia may now be in order.

Date of experience: March 2016
taj1987, Owner at Ride Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2016

Hello Daniel,

Many thanks for your review of us. Glad you had a good time and were happy with your tour. I would just like to say as well that if you have no bike experience we do not allow you to ride with us, so yes you may well have seen a complete novice from another tour company almost crash his bike but this would not happen with Ride Cambodia.
Again many thanks for booking with us and I hope you enjoy the rest of your time on holiday.

Cheer for now,

Anna and the Ride team.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

I've been riding off-road for decades and this was soooooooo much fun. Our guide (group of 3 plus guide) immediately grasped all of our different riding abilities and found suitable trails so nobody felt either overwhelmed or bored. Took the Kulen Mt. ride and it just blew me away. Bikes were great, trails were great, and Toby (guide) was as pleasant and professional as can be. I have a group of friends that I ride with in Baja and we are all thinking about doing the Himalayan Tour.

Date of experience: February 2016
taj1987, Owner at Ride Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Thanks for the review! It was a great days riding with you guys. Hope you enjoyed Siem Reap! Hope to see you in India...

Cheers