See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2013

the room we got was bare, but spacious and functional. lack of "warmth" in the decor was a bit off-putting (the walls had ceramic tiles; it felt a bit like sleeping in a bathroom), but staff was very professional and booking went smoothly. all the amenities were in working order.

outside noise (eg road sounds) might be a problem if you're not used to it. wifi was basically nonexistent.

but it was located in a central area, so it was good to get around on foot. as others have said: it's good for budget travelers.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Rowan A
Reviewed 7 July 2013

After Thai border-crossing took a bus from Poipet to Phnom Penh and this journey was like never ending. It took nearly 10 hours from Poipet to PP. I was travelling alone and met 3 other solo travellers on the bus. We arrived at PP around 00:30 AM and it was too late to look around. A bunch of motorbike guys took us to this guest house and guess what I've never stayed in any place for so cheap before. We were 4 guys and took 2 rooms with fan - 6$ for each room. I was pleasantly surprised to see clean bed, working fans and a clean toilet - all for 6$ a room. More importantly it had free wifi. The guest house is around the local market and really noisy. The guest house also has a restaurant and the prices are pretty steep compared to the room prices. Stayed here for a night and moved out the next day as I had my reservation in another hotel around the riverside.
I would recommend this place if you are a budget traveller.

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sajidesdee
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Best place to avoid .. very noisy, the cleaning staff do there best to disturb us , starting a 4 am . wifi did'nt work. yes its cheap and nasty ,, I didnt loose any of my belongings there. some thing good to say

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ka--takkkkkk
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed in two rooms. Room # 329 was for 6$ with two bads and fan. Very very very noisy. So noisy that it is almost impossible. At first I thought noise should be quiter after midnight but it never gets less. All night you hear cars, bikes, crashes and beeeps all the time like you are seeting at the street. If you close the window it doesn't make any big changes but makes it impossible to breath.
Room #335 with A/C was very quite because it's window was opposit to a next building wall =) well... it is much better without street then with it.

Location is average. Tuk-tuk to main attractions cost 2-3 dollars (you must bargain with everybody). Walking is possible but very frustrating as this city is simply not adjusted for pedestrians. Not at all. There are NO pavements here. You have to walk by the road where thousands of crazy motobikes and cars driving without any rules. Yes, we did walk a lot but I can't imagine usual tourists walking these streets and risk their lifes =)

Now what was really annoying were constant problems with internet. There were 4-7 stuff people at reception promising that everything will be solved in ten minute and it never hapened. Next day I simply sit in front of them till they fixed it because I really needed internet for work.

P.S. My rates are for both rooms... there is no pool or fitness so I gave 1 of 5 (never needed it through).

Room tip: Don't take a room with a window looking on a street. You'll never sleep.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philosoff
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Rooms are basic and the low room price is hard to beat anywhere in Phnom Penh. The reception staff were friendly but tip demanding; some staff do not speak English.

The downstairs travel desk inside the hotels offers tours but some are only fake as they do not take place. I had to book close to the sea side, where most travelers stay anyway.

The low room price is eaten up by the transport costs to the sights.

Outside, the neighborhood is a pretty uncheerful, noisy urban jungle. Capitol GH may be "centrally located" on a map of Phnom Penh, but it is close to nothing of interest. Eating options near Capitol GH are also limited.

Date of stay: March 2013