All reviews no lift rooftop bar the river royal palace riverside view hot water buffet breakfast rooms are huge charming hotel top floor location is excellent colonial style busy street night market suite balcony riverfront
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I stayed here for 2 nights and found this hotel to be very luxurious, clean and in a great riverfront location. The rooms are very well kept, ours had en suite shower and toilet, also 4 poster bed and TV, fridge etc. The best thing about this place is the Skybar which overlooks the Mekong river - a great place to have a beer. The buffet breakfast was also good, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside is there is no lift.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel which got very small lobby. Staff was very friendly. We were given room on first floor went to open the room someone was already staying in the room. Than gave us room on 3 floor and worst thing is that they don’t even have the lift. Breakfast was good. Won’t stay again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a nice room with riverfront view and big balcony. Hotel is in very convenient location and staff are great.

I would only like to see a little better breakfast than the current bread buffet with only few choices, it also seems to be the same every morning. Also one of the morning there was no breakfast at all and no staff also upstairs.

Otherwise I had a great time.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Great lill find along the riverfront , only disappointment was only had the one night there ! Upgraded for an extra $20 to a room with a view overlooking the river .. this is a must ! Room was massive but best part was the furniture and the views ! The antique furniture is beautiful , think I took more photos of the furniture than the view ! Breaky was very basic and it's a nice healthy walk up to the top floor. No lifts like many of the hotels , but good exercise after all the cheap beer and yum food! Location was perfect right in the middle of everything.. couple of beers on the balcony as the moon rises was awesome . Be checking in here next time I'm back.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Location is excellent but I'm afraid that is the only positive.
The staff seem to have little or no interest in customer service and do not seem to have had any training. When I arrived the receptionist was playing with a baby and had no interest in checking me in. She was only interested in the baby.
My room was on the second floor but many flights of stairs to get there. There is no lift but no help with luggage either in check in or checkout
The room was large but I have doubts about the cleanliness of both the bed sheets and towels. There was no safe in the room bit in fairness they did bring when I asked for one
Breakfast is on the roof - 4 or 5 flights of stairs. and really not worth the effort The quality was very poor.
The reception was not manned all the time meaning that I had to wait for my key when I came back to the hotel.
Checkout was painfully slow largely because the receptionist had to go and check the room to make sure I had not taken anything. She tried to charge me for things I had not consumed
It pains me to write this because this used to be a good hotel with a great French restaurant..Sadly no more!

Date of stay: May 2017