It's with a heavy heart that I'm writing this review! We stayed there 9 years ago, on our first trip to Cambodia. We loved it so much that we decided to stay there again on our current trip.
What a disappointment!
Long gone is the lovely restaurant and the high standards they used to have. There is still the character and the lovely antique furniture but it's tired and doesn't feel particularly clean. The curtains were grey with dust or old age or both.
There were 3 of us, including our 10 yr old son. We were given a room with a double bed that we felt was big enough to share for 1 night.
We asked for an extra pillow - there were only 2 - and we were given a folded duvet and told there were no extra pillows. Really ?
The air conditioning was not working properly and despite setting it on 19 degrees and using the wall mounted fan too, we had a very hot and stuffy night and very little sleep.
The mattress was antique too and quite uncomfortable.
We had to ask for an extra towel as only two were provided. Shower was leaking and the water was tepid although we didn't mind that too much given the hot room.
Breakfast was rather basic and we were charged $6.5 for our son ' s breakfast. It could have been amazing, given that it was served on the rooftop terrace, with an amazing view of the Mekong.
At checkout, we had to pay cash, but there's a cash point just outside the hotel.
This hotel has bags of potential, including great location and very helpful staff. The lady in charge was very helpful and lovely. But the discrete charm and great standards are gone, which is a great shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on the riverfront in the touristic and lively area, Bougainvillier Hotel is a perfect place for all guests to explore the top Phnom Penh Landmarks such as 3 minute walking to the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, National Museum, Banks and Night market. The Phnom Penh International Airport is a 25 minute driver away.Guests can enjoy free use of the outdoor pool and sauna facilities located just 35 metres from the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bougainvillier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainvillier Hotel Phnom Penh
- Bougainvillier Phnom Penh