“Great food”

Public House
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 30
Cuisines: International, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Offering fresh, simple and delicious cuisine, set in a modern take of the Pub. Open from 11:30am - 11pm respectively, seven days (kitchen closes at 10pm). Public House also offers High Tea from 3pm - 5:30pm Monday - Friday & Weekend Brunch from 10:30am - 2pm Saturday & Sunday. Open seven days.
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Had a snack and drinks here during our tour of 240 1/2. It's a nice little place with good drinks and cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

This place is closed for renovations as of December 30, 2015. Would have been nice to know on TripAdvisor before we walked over here.

Sounds great from the other reviews and the ally way is really nice.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Whilst the lunch and dinner menus left me cold, the $25 freeflow bellini and bloody Mary brunch was not just excellent value but delicious! Avocado and bacon on toast, excellent eggs benedict, scrambled eggs and a huge pork and egg pie are available in mini portions to see you through a leisurely afternoon of drinking and catching up with friends. Lots of fun!

Reviewed 1 October 2015

We went for the weekend brunch with drinks. For $25 you get 5 or 6 courses of breakfast - good size portions too so make sure you're hungry. We had Bellini's but you can also choose bloody mary's. The Bellini's needed a little more peach puree. The breakfast courses were good, simple food. I couldn't eat the final course as I was too full. The drinks are unlimited so after about three Bellini's I was loving it!

I would love to see a final sweet item at the end of the menu instead of scrambled eggs - maybe a waffle?

But all in all - great time, good food and reasonable service. (As others have mentioned the wait staff could slap a smile on their faces once in a while!)

I will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 25 September 2015

It's been nearly 2 years since we visited this restaurant. Public House is a misnomer as it is very unlike a traditional British pub. Sure, there is a long bar, but there is no draught or canned beer. However, we went for lunch this time. The menu is fairly small, and although a "Boozy Lunch" offer appears on it, it is not explained. I ordered the steak sandwich, and my wife opted for their beef burger. They were good quality, but not really worth the $9 and $8 we paid for them. Bottled Cambodia Beer, small bottles, were $3 a pop.